• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Electro-Eurostar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
I agree, the Eurostar shot isn't bad, but don't you get a bit bored of Olympia? There are lots of other places you could go to with a one day travelcard.

Julian G

Established Member
thanks, jordy :)

i also did a video of the same Eurostar passing the station {low-quality}

Julian G

Established Member
Seth said:
I agree, the Eurostar shot isn't bad, but don't you get a bit bored of Olympia? There are lots of other places you could go to with a one day travelcard.
like where?
Imperial Wharf and Shepherd Bush?
Watford, Southampton {Soton},Basingstoke,Brockenhurst,Lymington Pier? :)
are those boring places?? :D

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
No they sound interesting places :)

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Ill put it on my site if you want

Met Driver

Established Member
1288gaje said:
Seth said:
like where?

I would consider them all to be boring, bar Watford and Southampton as the others offer very little in terms of stock variety (on weekends). I'm not sure why you've mentioned them anyway, as I was talking specifically about Olympia. Also, the majority of those locations don't feature on your website yet.

Coxster

Established Member
1288gaje said:
Seth said:
like where?
You always go to the same places though. Why not go to other london termini such as Liverpool Street, Paddington, Victoria, Charing Cross, London Bridge, Fenchurch Street, Marylebone, Euston etc?

Met Driver

Established Member
Coxster said:
1288gaje said:
Seth said:
like where?
Why not go to other london termini such as Liverpool Street, Paddington, Victoria, Charing Cross, London Bridge, Fenchurch Street, Marylebone, Euston etc?

He did go to some terminal stations, but I don't recognize them... ;) ;)

http://londonterminals.fotopic.net/

jonb

Established Member
I'm not sure why not go to places like Willesden (Which is one station up the line!) This is probably the artery for Freight around London and don't just spend ten minutes there spend a few hours there you will get a lot more than you expect. Or go to Acton on the GWML which is also very good for freight.

Simming

jonb said:
I'm not sure why not go to places like Willesden (Which is one station up the line!) This is probably the artery for Freight around London and don't just spend ten minutes there spend a few hours there you will get a lot more than you expect. Or go to Acton on the GWML which is also very good for freight.

Yea, I agree.

You have access to fots loads of freight trains, yet you stil spend say a nanno second at Clampham jnc, then scuttle off. In Cornwall, We Have to spend the Day Somewhere for it to be a worthwhile trip, if we only spent 1 or 2 minutes at each station, we would see Jack all.

Coxster

Established Member
Simming said:
You have access to fots loads of freight trains, yet you stil spend say a nanno second at Clampham jnc, then scuttle off. In Cornwall, We Have to spend the Day Somewhere for it to be a worthwhile trip, if we only spent 1 or 2 minutes at each station, we would see Jack all.
Well, there's not exactly a great deal of classes anywhere in Cornwall is there *ducks from Simming's fist*

Julian G

Established Member
Coxster said:
1288gaje said:
Seth said:
like where?
You always go to the same places though. Why not go to other london termini such as Liverpool Street, Paddington, Victoria, Charing Cross, London Bridge, Fenchurch Street, Marylebone, Euston etc?
i did go to Paddington in "Connect the Slammer"
I did go to Euston in "Silverlinked", "Harrow and the Cobbler"

Simming

We have tons of Varity. In The Last 12 Months I have Filmed MPV, 31s, 37 47s and 57s Thrashing through my local station :D

But Even where I am the frieght is a little thin on the group, 1 66 on a few tanks each week, thats it. Its still a good 20+ miles before you get to see something intresting (if you can call 66s that :roll: )

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Seth said:
I recommended Hadley Wood but he refused!

(For anyone that doesn't know, it has tunnels either side so makes for decent shots, and you hear the horn ;) It's also within the travelcard area)

Also why not get the slammers before they go? Victoria, Charing Cross, London Bridge, you could even get one to Bromley South, or Orpington!

If you go on the line towards Orpington, there's a lovely station called Elmstead Woods. You can't get a slammer there but you get slammers going past occasionally (more usually Electrostars though), there's also a footbridge there. You will get good photos there.

Examples:-
http://rail-photos.fotopic.net/p4954069.html
http://colin-price.fotopic.net/p13455009.html
http://colin-price.fotopic.net/p13455014.html

Nick

Julian, what excites you about Desiros or West London lines? You really need to extend your area of photoing. Perhaps do something more fun at weekends and then every other weekend go train photoing would make it more fun and give you new ideas rather than photographing all the time at the same station.

Met Driver

Established Member
Nick said:
Julian, what excites you about Desiros or West London lines? You really need to extend your area of photoing. Perhaps do something more fun at weekends and then every other weekend go train photoing would make it more fun and give you new ideas rather than photographing all the time at the same station.

So many us have told him this, but he isn't interested. We offer to meet him and give him some tips and he still isn't interested. It wouldn't cost him any extra to go a bit further afield with his one day travelcard, which is what he needs to do if he wants people to keep looking at his site.

Status
Not open for further replies.