• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The EU Referendum: How have you voted?

How did you use your vote?

• I voted to remain in the European Union.

Votes: 72 70.6%
  • I voted to leave the European Union.

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • I did not use my vote.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I spoiled my ballot paper.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I am not eligible to vote in the referendum.

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted Leave, and I can't describe the buzz it gives you. It's exhilarating!

If you vote for Remain, you're voting for things to stay as they are (best case scenario) or for us to get dragged down economically by the Italian banking crisis (most realistic scenario). Nothing to get exited about.

When you put your cross next to Leave, however, it really is the most euphoric sensation. I highly recommend everyone here tries it!

God (if s/he exists) does love a trier!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DownSouth

Established Member
Not sure having sex was an option on the vote card
Sounds like you just need a different election then...

Screen_Shot_2016_06_24_at_1_10_19_AM.png

At the polling place I work at each time, we have a prize for the first person who finds one with 'yes' written next to the Sex Party box when sorting and counting the Senate ballots later in the evening.

headshot119

Established Member
My email account was filled with loads of Vote Remain spam today.
I thought campaigning was not allowed today?
Also the Mirror & the Express are telling people how to vote aswell.

I find this totally unacceptable.
I can't vote anyway.

You mean you just couldn't be bothered to register right...?

I voted to remain! I was the second person to cast a vote at my local polling station.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
I just had to go back to the polling station with my mother for her to vote. She couldn't get her wheelchair up the ramp as it was too steep so they allowed her to vote from outside the bus (this was the voting station for us) as long as she could see the booths.

Very friendly help and a quick solution - HCC should be commended

SS4

Established Member
Remain.

Sadly there was no "Remain, but David Cameron is still a cock" option

Voted remain, partly because I believe that the UK should take it's rightful place as one of the leaders of a united states of europe, but mostly because I don't trust westminster one bit (especially with the tories in power).

deltic

Established Member
Interesting to compare this poll of people who have actually voted to the one "Do you believe the UK should stay in or leave the EU?". It appears the leavers in the latter poll have not yet voted or have switched to remain. Given the virtual lack of movement in sterling and stock market it seems remain might have won by a reasonable margin

Last edited:

Harbornite

Established Member
Then you can't be a real trainspotter. :)

The closest any trainspotter will get to sex is cabbing a class 69.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sounds like you just need a different election then...

Screen_Shot_2016_06_24_at_1_10_19_AM.png

At the polling place I work at each time, we have a prize for the first person who finds one with 'yes' written next to the Sex Party box when sorting and counting the Senate ballots later in the evening.

Not just an election he needs by the sounds of things... ahem...
I hope all the people voting leave remembered to take their pens with them.
#penisbest

I prefer pencil. Speaking of which, I need to put lead in mine...

TUC

Established Member
Announcement by guard on train tonight 'lf you're not sure how to vote, do what I did. Look at your belly burton and see if you're an in or an outie.'

cjmillsnun

Established Member
I'm hoping for an exact 50/50 result. Wouldn't that be interesting?

50/50 would mean remain. Leave would have to have a majority.
I voted remain, although we did receive a flyer through the letterbox at around 1pm from the leave campaign.

Is this allowed or not?

Flyers are permitted. It's part of any polling day campaign (known as Get Out The Vote). It's why on council and general elections you have people sat outside polling stations (known as tellers) asking for your polling card number. Political parties will share this information as it saves going and leafleting/knocking up people who have already voted.

Domh245

Established Member
50/50 would mean remain. Leave would have to have a majority.
Not true. According to Jenny Watson, who chairs the electoral commission (ie the one who announces the result)

If it's a dead heat then it's a dead heat. There is no casting vote. It's an advisory referendum and that's what I would declare."

From here (the update at 1630)

AM9

Veteran Member
Flyers are permitted. It's part of any polling day campaign (known as Get Out The Vote). It's why on council and general elections you have people sat outside polling stations (known as tellers) asking for your polling card number. Political parties will share this information as it saves going and leafleting/knocking up people who have already voted.

There was one of those with a leave badge and a clipboard, outside where I voted today. He was shooed away from the door by one of the officers as he could have seen into the polling station from where he was standing.

richw

Veteran Member
Voted remain. There were people around the polling stations - say the approach roads handing out propaganda which I didn't think was allowed?

Spamcan81

I voted Leave, and I can't describe the buzz it gives you. It's exhilarating!

If you vote for Remain, you're voting for things to stay as they are (best case scenario) or for us to get dragged down economically by the Italian banking crisis (most realistic scenario). Nothing to get exited about.

When you put your cross next to Leave, however, it really is the most euphoric sensation. I highly recommend everyone here tries it!

You can stop campaigning as this thread is for those who have already voted so we can't go back and say "excuse me but I've changed my mind."

AM9

Veteran Member
You can stop campaigning as this thread is for those who have already voted so we can't go back and say "excuse me but I've changed my mind."

I think that he (or she) might be having a 'gutfright' about the possible result.

Status
Not open for further replies.