• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Ferry Go Round (UKR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Indeed. It's quite easy to access from the North too, with the proposed calls at Crewe and Sheffield. This is most excellent 8-)

Doesn't look particularly convenient to me to be honest - pick up and set down points some 70 miles apart. It'll be easier for me to drive all the way to Kettering for it.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Doesn't look particularly convenient to me to be honest - pick up and set down points some 70 miles apart. It'll be easier for me to drive all the way to Kettering for it.

Indeed, but for people in Lancashire, Manchester, Cheshire and the North Midlands it will save the trip to Kettering in a lot of cases. You have to admit that it's better than being last / first stop Kettering both ways.

sprinterguy

Established Member
As far as I know, class 67s are also fitted with slow speed control. They just don't have very many opportunities to use it.

Spagnoletti

Indeed, but for people in Lancashire, Manchester, Cheshire and the North Midlands it will save the trip to Kettering in a lot of cases. You have to admit that it's better than being last / first stop Kettering both ways.

Eh? If you get on at Crewe the nearest places you can get off again are Sheffield or Kettering. Can't see the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.