• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The first S stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
It just wasn't hyperlinked, but it is now :)

Saw this sat outside the RTC at Derby last week, looks interesting! (Providing it was an S stock - it was a whole coach!)

CCF23

will this be running on all sub-surface lines (met,circle,district and H&C) ?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
if so our network is going to be pretty boring with just one sub surface stock compared with the three now. And per 8 car unit it offers 142 seats less than A stock does now.:-x

DavyCrocket

will this be running on all sub-surface lines (met,circle,district and H&C) ?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
if so our network is going to be pretty boring with just one sub surface stock compared with the three now. And per 8 car unit it offers 142 seats less than A stock does now.:-x

Yes. Common to all three. Though the Met will have 8 cars with line branded maroon grab poles. The other lines will recieve 7 cars with yellow grab poles.

The stabling issues and the fact that they won't fit into Hammersmith (H&C) platfoms still hasn't been sorted yet!

The Met line passengers won't be impressed at having less seats, including many that are longitudinal and not having the previously advertised increased service for many years, as no-one knows when the signalling upgrade will be done now! - Considering that the Amersham signal box was planned to close next year!

sven945

It's a long way out to Amersham (even Uxbridge is quite a way), but people on the Central line seem to cope okay with the 1992 stock. Though I'm not quite sure how people can do it every day. I went all the way from Woodford to West Ruislip the other week and it wasn't pleasant!

DavyCrocket

There are many people that travel from Amersham or Chesham right through to the City. They won't be impressed!
They already have a less frequent Met service in the peaks, and now these, low back seated trains, with less seats! There'll be riots....
I wonder what the Epping area people made of the 92TS when they arrived. I think their journey time to central London is slightly longer.

Yes it will help with people travelling between Harrow and the City as there'll be more standing area, but expect the Chiltern to be more packed north of Harrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.