• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The future does not look good for 141108

Status
Not open for further replies.

D365

Veteran Member
The Railcar Association website confirms that 141108 is owned by Locomotive Services Limited, as speculated earlier in the thread.

That's a very interesting development! LSL becoming a real jack of all trades!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
That's a very interesting development! LSL becoming a real jack of all trades!
If the unit is going to be saved from the gas axe then that's great news, but I'm not sure how LSL will make money from a 141 based on their current income streams... unless they're going to use it for drags of 15x units to and from works or storage, but that's a long shot.

gazthomas

Established Member
Not for this forum, but one hopes the ownership of LSL doesn't do an "FM Rail" and terminally overstretch themselves

ed1971

I have been following Rob Bell's excellent 'Walking Britain's Lost Railways' series. Series 2 Episode 6 covers the Waverley Route. The Waverley Route Heritage Association is shown on the program.
They own the single carriage Pacer railbus RB004. He gets a ride on the unit. The video is shown here: "www.my5.tv/walking-britain-s-lost-railways/season-2/episode-6" at 35m20s. (The link is up until 23rd June).
RB004 appears to be the only serviceable Pacer in use with a Leyland TL11 engine and SCG R500 gearbox, assuming 141108 is just for a static display. Hopefully the class 140 will be restored one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.