• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Grand RailUK Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DasLunatic

Everyone else updated.

A look at the top positions of the table have now confirmed East Kilbride as champions of the RKUFC League! A massive congratulations to adrock1976, who wins an expired All Line Rover!

Established Member
It looks like Liverpool and Sheffield Wednesday should finish fairly high up in the forum league, but Chester could still end up being "relegated". Providing Chester stay up, I will renominate the same three teams from this season and I do have a fourth team in mind too (if we go for the 48 teams as you proposed).

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
It looks like Liverpool and Sheffield Wednesday should finish fairly high up in the RailUK Forums league, but Chester could still end up being "relegated". Providing Chester stay up, I will renominate the same three teams from this season and I do have a fourth team in mind too (if we go for the 48 teams as you proposed).

As I have only one team at present, I'm hoping I can nominate a couple more... Taunton Town and Ossett Town being those.

familyguy99

Droylsden and Oldham updated.

Look like Oldham will need to win they final league match next Sunday to avoid finishing in bottom 4 of this competition special with West Ham and Leicester still got four games to play.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Huddersfield Town updated. Could I also nominate AFC Emley for next season's competition?

Just realised we'd already been updated. Oops!

Last edited:

backontrack

Established Member
So, here's a provisional list for next season:

AFC Emley
Huddersfield Town
East Kilbride
York City
Hull City
Droylsden
Liverpool
Ossett Town
Taunton Town
Sheffield Wednesday
Aston Villa (I'd be very surprised if they didn't return next year)
Whoever finishes bottom of the Highland League this year
Brora Rangers
Chelsea
Brighton & Hove Albion
Plymouth Argyle
Darlington
Dover Athletic
Porthmadog
Wycombe Wanderers
Cardiff City
Wolves
Winchester City
Warrington Town
FOUR MORE TEAMS FROM THE CURRENT SEASON (who will stay up? answer: not North Ferriby)

That's 26 clubs, but please keep on coming. I'd like to see some new people join in as well - maybe even some mods if we can rope them in!

If there's enough demand, I am considering having two tables - a North and a South - next season, and calculating the overall table at the end of the season. And I'm also considering allowing European teams to be entered, as well as toying with the idea of a teams-per-person-limit, though we'll cross (or not cross) that bridge when we come to it.

I know that it's still not close season yet and that we're still very much in the business ends of things, but I would really like to thank DasLunatic for effectively taking over the running of the league in what has been a very busy year for me. I will endeavour to take control of things myself as much as I can next year. With my GCSEs that won't be easy, but I am hopeful nevertheless.

Last edited:

Established Member
That's 26 clubs, but please keep on coming. I'd like to see some new people join in as well - maybe even some mods if we can rope them in!

I'd like to nominate Northern Premier League side Warrington Town for next season, and if Chester don't get relegated then I'll renominate them for the forum 2017-18 fantasy football league as well. If Chester are relegated, then I'll stick with Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday and Warrington Town for the time being and see how many more teams are nominated.

I think a north and south league would be a good idea, however it might be a good idea to agree a north and south divide in advance, especially as we'll be including Scottish teams as well.

Last edited:

backontrack

Established Member
I think a north and south league would be a good idea, however it might be a good idea to agree a north and south divide in advance, especially as we'll be including Scottish teams as well.

We'll have around 40 teams, so we'll divide it based on the northernmost 20 and the southernmost 20.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Unable to update Huddersfield Town, thanks to the latest version of Google Sheets having a disagreement with my phone... if someone could oblige, that would be handy.

backontrack

Established Member
Leicester, Chester, Oldham, West Ham, Ross County, Braintree and North Ferriby either updated or formatted or both. Lower-table resorted.

DasLunatic

Everyone else brought up to date too. With two teams in the relegation spots with games in hand, it is still possible for Chester and Oldham to slip into the pit. Will they survive...?

familyguy99

Oldham updated. (played final match today at 12pm)

If we allowed pick three teams next season then my new team will be Curzon Ashton along with Droylsden and Oldham. (that if Oldham doesn't finish in bottom 4)

DasLunatic

Everything updated... including the confirmation of Chester's relegation from the RUKL.

DasLunatic

...and so, with today's games concluded, the 2016/7 season of the RailUK Forums Football League has ended. Let's start at the bottom of the table and see who's been relegated:

24th: North Ferriby United (28.261%) (backontrack)
23rd: Braintree Town (34.783%) (DL)
22nd: Chester FC (37.681%) (507021)
21st: Oldham Athletic (38.406%) (familyguy99)

Dangling precariously over the precipice and ultimately sacrificing Oldham by not losing were:

20th: Leicester City (38.596%) (DL)
19th: West Ham United (39.474%) (EM2)

Safely in the middle of the table and under no threat were:
18th: Ross County (40.351%) (backontrack)
17th: Wolverhampton Wanderers (42.029%) (DL)
16th: Winchester City (42.063%) (Drogba11CFC)
15th: Droylesden (42.857%) (familyguy99)
14th: FC United of Manchester (42.857%) (DL) ogd
13th: Cardiff City (44.928%) (backontrack)
12th: Wycombe Wanderers (50.000%) (168lover)
11th: Porthmadog (55.556%) (DL)
10th: Dover Athletic (57.246%) (Cletus)
9th: Huddersfield Town (58.696%) (61653 HTAFC)
8th: Sheffield Wednesday (58.696%) (507021) ogd
7th: Darlington 1881 (60.317%) (DarloRich)

Just scraping in and qualifying for European football are:

6th: Plymouth Argyle (63.043%) (DL)
5th: Liverpool (66.667%) (507021)

...and qualifying for the Champions League are:

4th: Brighton and Hove Albion (67.391%) (Smudger105e)
3rd: Brora Rangers (79.412%) (backontrack)
2nd: Chelsea (81.579%) (Drogba11CFC)

However, all of this is eclipsed by this year's champion...
1st: East Kilbride (83.333%) (adrock1976)

Congratulations to all who placed highly, and commiserations for those who ended up relegated. Thanks for taking part in the RUKFL once again, and we'll (hopefully) see you in August for the start of the 2017/8 season!

As the table shall be wiped clean for next year, an image of the final league standings, containing further details will be made available upon PM request.

backontrack

Established Member
NOMINATIONS FOR THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE SEASON BEGIN NOW.

We are planning on having North & South Leagues this year, so there'll be a revised total of either 40 or 48 teams.

Please PM me to nominate your team.

We sometimes lose people at the end of a year, so it's no longer all rolls over. You have to announce that you'll be taking part via PM.

The following teams are not allowed to be nominated this year:

OLDHAM ATHLETIC
NORTH FERRIBY UNITED
BRAINTREE TOWN
CHESTER FC

This is because those teams were relegated from the table this year.

Cheers :D

backontrack

Established Member
A duplicate copy of the 2016-17 standings is available here as well as in the first post of the thread.

So we can now wipe clean this year's original copy.

DasLunatic

A quick addendum on league operations this year:

As you can see, the UK leagues are split in two, along north and south divides, with a European/international league operating too.

Therefore, I intend to experiment with a variation of the Scottish system: on February 1st, 2018, the top halves in each league will combine and form an Upper League and the bottom halves will form a Lower League. Points will be carried over into each half, but as per the Scottish system, even if your percentage surpasses teams in the upper division, you will not transfer over.

From there, we can use the results from that to set up promotions and relegations in future years.

Last edited:

backontrack

Established Member
A quick addendum on league operations this year:

As you can see, the UK leagues are split in two, along north and south divides, with a European/international league operating too.

Therefore, I intend to experiment with a variation of the Scottish system: on February 1st, 2018, the top halves in each league will combine and form an Upper League and the bottom halves will form a Lower League. Points will be carried over into each half, but as per the Scottish system, even if your percentage surpasses teams in the upper division, you will not transfer over.

From there, we can use the results from that to set up promotions and relegations in future years.
Erm...mate, maybe a bit too much? :lol:

More seriously, what do we achieve from this?

I mean, it might be quite difficult in practice. But hey...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.