The Great LU Quiz - REAL PRIZE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

Established Member
Hi all and welcome to the Great LU Quiz. Below are 20 questions related to the London Underground. They vary in difficulty and place & time.

For each correct question you get 1 point. There are no half-points. The person with the most points by 7pm (BST) on Saturday evening (20th August) can choose a music download, paid for by me, upto the value of £1.50 from www.mycokemusic.co.uk . To win this prize, you MUST have a minimum of 5 points. In the event of a tie, a single question will be asked via PM and the first person to reply will win. All answers must be verified by me first before counting as 1 point.

EDIT: Person in 2nd place can choose an 80p download, if they wish. To win this prize you must have at least 1 point. In the event of a tie, a single question will be asked via PM and the first person to reply will win. All answers must be verified by me first before counting as 1 point.

Here are the 20 questions:

Question 1: Out of the 1995 and 1996 stock, which is wider? Ans: 1996 - 1 point Jim

Question 2: Where was the Jubilee Line originally going to be extended to, besides Stratford?

Question 3: Who owned the Waterloo & City line before London Underground took over? Ans: Network SouthEast - 1 point evil_hippo

Question 4: What is the maximum speed the 1996 stock can do?

Question 5: What was the first ever tube line? CLUE 1: The line name as we know it today. Ans: Northern Line - 1 point bluecont

Question 6: Besides Morden and Golders Green where on the Northern line is the other depot? Ans: Highgate - 1 point bluecont

Question 7: Where do most Bakerloo line trains terminate when heading Northbound? Ans: Queens Park - 1 point evil_hippo

Question 8: What occurs a lot (too much) on the Northern Line? Ans: Signal Failures - 1 point Jim

Question 9: Before the Epping to Ongar branch closed, what were the names of the stations? Ans: Epping, North Weald, Blake Hall and Ongar - 1 point bluecont

Question 10: Besides the Piccadilly Line, what other line has express running? Ans: Metropolitan Line - 1 point evil_hippo

Question 11: Where does the Northern Line connect with the Piccadilly Line? Ans: South of King's Cross - 1 point Jim

Question 12: Where is the Victoria Line depot located? Ans: Northumberland Park - 1 point bluecont

Question 13: Which station on the Central line do you have to change to get a West Ruislip bound train or an Ealing Broadway bound train? Ans: North Acton - 1 point evil_hippo

Question 14: Where do the Kensington Olympia trains terminate? Ans: High Street Kensington - 1 point evil_hippo

Question 15: Where do most Cockfosters bound Piccadilly line trains terminate?

Question 16: Before this line was named the Jubilee Line, what did it used to be called? CLUE 1: Think current lines. Ans: Bakerloo Line - 1 point bluecont

Question 17: What 2 places did the derailments on the Central Line occur recently? Ans: Chancery Lane & White City - 1 point evil_hippo

Question 18: How many stations are on the East London Line? Ans: Nine - 1 point evil_hippo

Question 19: What is the only Circle Line station that has its own platform? Ans: Aldgate - 1 point evil_hippo

Question 20: Can southbound bank branch trains running to Morden terminate at Kennington and by what means do they do this? Ans: Yes they can. There is a reversing siding - 1 point bluecont

Enjoy and Good Luck! :D

Current scores
evil_hippo = 8
bluecont = 6
Jim = 3

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

evil_hippo

2. Originally, it was planned to go to Lewisham, if that is what you mean. There was also a later extension plan involving going to Thamesmead.

3. Network south east

5. City and south London

Dave A

Established Member
evil_hippo said:
NO

evil_hippo said:
2. Originally, it was planned to go to Lewisham, if that is what you mean. There was also a later extension plan involving going to Thamesmead.

3. Network south east

5. City and south London
2. NO

3. Yes

5. NO

evil_hippo said:
15. I'm going to say Uxbridge, just in case he's wrong.

(Cockfosters= Cockfosters-Heathrow 4-Heathrow Central-Cockforsters
NO

2 points to evil_hippo :mrgreen:

Dave A

Established Member
Harry Potter said:
Damn. Knew I should of copied them while they were there. <(
Tut tut, thats cheating :D . I probably would have guessed if you cheated anyway :roll:

T

Tom

The first ever tube line was the 'CSLR', City & South London Railway.

The first Underground Railway is the Metropolitan Railway, between Paddington and Farringdon.

T

Tom

Yes, the question suggests the first deep level tube line.

However, he wants the Metropolitan Railway answer.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
London Tube said:
Question 10: Besides the Piccadilly Line, what other line has express running?
The Metropolitan
London Tube said:
Question 14: Where do the Kensington Olympia trains terminate?
High Street Kensington
London Tube said:
Question 16: Before this line was named the Jubilee Line, what did it used to be called?
Fleet Line

Dave A

Established Member
evil_hippo said:
7. Queens Park

9: North Weald, Blake Hall (plus the termini)

10: Metropolitan
7 - Yes
9 - Nope
10 - Yes

evil_hippo said:
11: I would assume Kings Cross

12: Seven Sisters

13: North Acton

14: High Street Kensington
11 - I need a full answer so no
12 - Nope
13 - Yes
14 - Yes

4 points to evil_hippo

bluecont said:
5. Hammersmith & City line?
Nope

Dave A

Established Member
bluecont said:
6. Highgate
7. Queens Park
11. Kings Cross
12. Northumberland Park
6 - Yes
7 - Yes, but evil_hippo answered first
11 - Need more lengthy answer
12 - Yes

2 points to bluecont

Dave A

Established Member
Mojo said:
London Tube said:
Question 10: Besides the Piccadilly Line, what other line has express running?
The Metropolitan
London Tube said:
Question 14: Where do the Kensington Olympia trains terminate?
High Street Kensington
London Tube said:
Question 16: Before this line was named the Jubilee Line, what did it used to be called?
Fleet Line
10 - Yes, but evil_hippo answered first
14 - Yes, but evil_hippo answered first
16 - Nope

Nil pois :P

Dave A

Established Member
Seth said:
London Tube said:
tubechallenger said:
Question 16 is Fleet Line. I also have proof in books.
It may be but its not the answer I'm looking for :roll:
That suggests that the "answer you're looking for" is incorrect, surely?
Its a HARD question because that is the idea of a quiz. No its not incorrect. Its just not the right answer :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.