• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Great LU Quiz - REAL PRIZE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bluecont

5. Northern Line?
11. Kings Cross Loop
16. Bakerloo line?
20. Yes they can terminate, and reverse in a turnback siding south of the station
2. From Charing Cross, down Fleet Street to the Docklands and finally extended to Lewisham
17. Hammersmith and Camden Town

Dave A

bluecont said:
5. Northern Line?
11. Kings Cross Loop
16. Bakerloo line?
20. Yes they can terminate, and reverse in a turnback siding south of the station
2. From Charing Cross, down Fleet Street to the Docklands and finally extended to Lewisham
17. Hammersmith and Camden Town

5 - Yes
11 - Nope
16 - Yes
20 - Yes
2 - Nope
17 - Nope

3 points to bluecont :mrgreen:

Jim

Established Member
Here are the 20 questions:

Question 1: Out of the 1995 and 1996 stock, which is wider? 1996
Question 2: Where was the Jubilee Line originally going to be extended to, besides Stratford? London City Airport
Question 4: What is the maximum speed the 1996 stock can do? 62
Question 8: What occurs a lot (too much) on the Northern Line? Signal Failires
Question 11: Where does the Northern Line connect with the Piccadilly Line? South off KX (I have a Drivers Manual :P
Question 15: Where do most Cockfosters bound Piccadilly line trains terminate? Heathrow
Question 17: What 2 places did the derailments on the Central Line occur recently? Chancery Lane, Acton?

Dave A

Jim said:
Here are the 20 questions:

Question 1: Out of the 1995 and 1996 stock, which is wider? 1996
Question 2: Where was the Jubilee Line originally going to be extended to, besides Stratford? London City Airport
Question 4: What is the maximum speed the 1996 stock can do? 62
Question 8: What occurs a lot (too much) on the Northern Line? Signal Failires
Question 11: Where does the Northern Line connect with the Piccadilly Line? South off KX (I have a Drivers Manual :P
Question 15: Where do most Cockfosters bound Piccadilly line trains terminate? Heathrow
Question 17: What 2 places did the derailments on the Central Line occur recently? Chancery Lane, Acton?

1 - No
2 - No
4 - No
8 - Yes (Failures :P )
11 - Yes
15- No
17 - No

3 points to Jim :mrgreen:

Met Driver

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Most of these questions have incorrect correct answers... :?

I think the author prefers to choose the answers which he thinks are correct, rather than those which have been proved correct...:roll:

T

Tom

No.

The majority of trains go to Cockfosters in the day. Very few terminate at Arnos Grove.

Dave A

Seth said:
tubechallenger said:
Most of these questions have incorrect correct answers... :?

I think the author prefers to choose the answers which he thinks are correct, rather than those which have been proved correct...:roll:

Both of you aren't looking past your noses :roll:

Some questions have mutiple answers but I'm only looking for one. Thats the idea of a quiz. But if you care so much, pay for the prize :P

Dave A

tubechallenger said:
No.

The majority of trains go to Cockfosters in the day. Very few terminate at Arnos Grove.

Where does it say "DAY" :roll:

T

Tom

Question 15: Where do most Cockfosters bound Piccadilly line trains terminate?

It says MOST. Not 'some'.

Additionally, all trains go to Cockfosters except 5 which stable in Arnos (the rest stable in CFS)

Dave A

tubechallenger said:
Question 15: Where do most Cockfosters bound Piccadilly line trains terminate?

It says MOST. Not 'some'.

But in the evening they do :roll:

Like I said, mutiple answers, so its not wrong :roll:

T

Tom

Since when does Arnos Grove have a majority of terminating trains though? Proven in a WTT.

evil_hippo

London Tube said:
evil_hippo said:
15: running out of ideas. Arnos Grove?

YES! :mrgreen:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

I see now, in the directon of Cockfosters!

I wouldn't complain about you, I congratulate you on your ingenuity!

Dave A

Seeing as Mr "high and mighty" tubechallenger seems to be able to tell me how to answer my questions, he can pay for the ****ing music download :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

T

Tom

Factual detail is needed. Not random answers. You need consise questions and answers in quizzes.

Status
Not open for further replies.