• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Greatest - RIP Muhammad Ali (1942-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gathursty

Established Member
I would have thought there would have been a thread about him a lot sooner today.

Last night, I thought he was very close to the end but it is still hard to believe that such a massive figure in boxing and in the wider world is now no more.

2016 continues to be awful for legends from a wide array of backgrounds.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harbornite

Established Member
Indeed, he was a real character, an entertaining man and very good at what he did. One of his quotes that sticks in my mind is "no Viet cong ever called me n*gger".

cf111

Established Member
LRZwzN5.gif

21 punches dodged in 7 seconds without leaving the spot.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
If you accept that the 1970s and 1980s were the heyday of the 'live' television interview in this country, then Michael Parkinson's with him would, in my opinion, be right there at the top. A complex man, but undoubtedly one of the greatest, regardless of whether he was truly the greatest fighter, which I don't feel qualified to answer.

Minilad

Established Member
Not a fan of boxing by any means but you don't have to be to recognise greatness. Not only as a boxer but also as a human being

Status
Not open for further replies.