• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Hadrian Railtour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
Hi

I'm going to Doncaster to photosgraph the above tomorrow, does anyone know what time it arrive, what time it departs, and what loco is bringing it from Kings Cross to Doncaster?

(It changes to a Kettle at Donny)

Thanks

Jordy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bunnahabhain

Established Member
The "Kettle" as put it, is LMS Coronation Class 4-6-2 no 6233 'Duchess of Sutherland', and she will be performing Doncaster - Morpeth - York.

Code:
Doncaster  d 10.14
York 	   a 10.54 	  	 
 	 	   d 11.14 	  	 
Newcastle  a 12.xx 	  	 
 	 	   d 13.01 	  	 
Morpeth 	a 14.53 	  	 

Morpeth 	d 15.30 
Newcastle  a 15.52 	  	 
 	 	   d 15.xx 	  	 
York 	   a 17.55

Kettle!........You wouldnt want to make a cup of tea from this Loco, she'll melt your mouth, and probably your cup too! Much better than Electrics or Diesels anyday.

Thanks to uksteam.info for that information

Jordy

Established Member
Yeah, I must agree it does look a bit beasty!

But I still need to know what time it arrives Donny if anyone knows

Thanks

Jordy

TheSlash

Established Member
If you get there for 09:30 you stand a good chance, i can't see it hanging about for more than 45 minutes

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
40 mins York-Doncaster? And departing before the 10:23 MML train, yet arriving after. So it must surely go via Askern-Knottingley-Church Fenton?

Status
Not open for further replies.