• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The inevitable has happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Bonnie Prince Charlie said:
oh well, dont like lib dems anyway

Nor do I. They've totally wrecked Public Services in Bristol since they won the council, and done the same in Lambeth with the Tories (but you're a Tory aren't you BPC?) :D

evil_hippo

Kennedy was a wonderful leader and It will be a great sorrow to see him go. He always acted with honesty and integrity. He massively increased the lib dem vote at the 2001 and 2005 elections. It will be remembered that he was the only leader not to back the war in iraq, which turned out to be an utter shambles which continues to this day.

Sadly, though Charles would remain an excellent leader now he has to go or face embarassing publicity that woudl see the liberal democrat vote plummet. I just hope someone can continue his excellent leadership. If his achievements are to be repeated, it won't be long before the liberal democrats become the main opposition, something which Charles came incredibly close to.

I would sincerely like to have Simon Hughes replace him, being like him severely to the left of the party. No doubt Menzies Campbell, being an experienced statesman that is nicely in the middle and not going to split the party, and as the next election looms, who knows what next? Lembit Opik, perhaps? We shall see.

Dennis

Established Member
As a completely non-political observation, every time I hear the name Ming, I immediately have very negative thoughts. Sure, the man is not a minger, but if I were in his position I would seriously consider undergoing a rebranding.

evil_hippo

See, my fault. Last time I saw his name was months ago on the any questions website and since then I've only heard it, so I just spelt it the way it sounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.