• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Invasion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
Well here's how the day starts.....
i take the 09:19 Silverlink Metro for Willesden Junction from West Brompton and it arrives on time...
then i'm at Clapham Junction, i go to platform 15 for the 09:29 Southern service to London Bridge which is a......Electrostar ( it's used to be a VEP)
well, i come back to Clapham Junction at 12:15 and see some trains while waiting for the 12:38 for London Waterloo......
there were plenty of trains that day, with only one Slammer at Clapham Yard...
there was a Tamperer, {which i believe that what it's called?! :? }
i boarded the 170 up to Waterloo and we over-took, a 450!! :)
and....i'm at Waterloo,to begin the Invasion <D <D
well, i took two photos of the 170
yc0ert.jpg

then i returned back to Clapham Junction by taking the 13:20 to Reading ,
then i took the 13:35 back home..
Here are my favourite shots of the day :)
yc0er9.jpg

yc0erh.jpg

Invasion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tramboy

Just so you know...it's tamper...more specifically track tamper...machine that flattens ballast i believe.

Some not bad photos there.

Dave

T

Tom

Never seen that streamlined 444 before, 1288gaje! You can do photoshopping on photos without photoshopping!

Simming

A Tamper doesn't flaten the ballest, that is done by a ballest sweeper, which follows a Taper, in either Ballest Sweeper form, or an attachment to a road railer.

A Tamper is used to get the track to perfect running conditions, its packs the ballest under the sleepers to get the right height, Camber, etc.

Guinness

Established Member
Some good Photos - Your getting better! Get rid of the rubbish photos (e.g. The Streamlined 170s etc).

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
lol thanks 1288gaje, me, jim and his dad went to london today whilst I was doing heads out on a 442 and sae the 444 and 450, didnt get the numbers, I do now! :).
Did you see the GBRf 66710 there as well, we saw it there, and was still there on the way back

Julian G

Established Member
heart-of-wessex said:
lol thanks 1288gaje, me, jim and his dad went to london today whilst I was doing heads out on a 442 and sae the 444 and 450, didnt get the numbers, I do now! :).
Did you see the GBRf 66710 there as well, we saw it there, and was still there on the way back
yes i did see GBRF 66 710
what time were you at Clapham Junction?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The first photo is the best.

Can you set the focus distance to further out? This is mostly a problem with the 3rd (streamlined Desiro) photo, it's focussing on the repeater signal!

How is the focus set on that camera? I think you're either mis-understanding the instructions, or there is some problem with it.

AlexS said:
Heads out on a 442? You mean you can actually fit your head through one of them tiny ass emergency windows on the doors?
Not an entire head, no[1]. By that he probably means 'nose out'. ;)

[1] Unless your head is tiny

Julian G

Established Member
yorkie said:
The first photo is the best.

Can you set the focus distance to further out? This is mostly a problem with the 3rd (streamlined Desiro) photo, it's focussing on the repeater signal!

How is the focus set on that camera? I think you're either mis-understanding the instructions, or there is some problem with it.

AlexS said:
Heads out on a 442? You mean you can actually fit your head through one of them tiny ass emergency windows on the doors?

[1] Unless your head is tiny
i think heart of wessex meant the motor coach aka buffet coach!! :roll:

i was taking the photo of the repeater signal and then the train passed <D :P :P

Jim

Established Member
AlexS said:

[1] Unless your head is tiny[/quote]
i think heart of wessex meant the motor coach aka buffet coach!! :roll:
[/quote]

No, Trailer coach & H-O-W had his WHOLE head out

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I dare say I know how he did it, but I'm not going to state my assumption.

Plus I didn't think you could open the windows on the 442s!

T

Tom

You can, I've seen someone do it to be honest. Quite a remarkable sight (almost breaks the windows)!

Status
Not open for further replies.