The Jacobite 2020 Season

FQTV

I see that the paths for The Jacobite stock have now appeared on Real Time Trains for the 12th and 13th July, in time for the planned start of services on the 15th.

I’m booked in mid August, First Class (Open Saloon). Perhaps this could be a repository of information and experiences for the coming season. The website carries details of the social distancing measures that are planned to be employed on board.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FQTV

The question was asked on the Fort William to Mallaig Line Landslide thread about The Jacobite not laying-over at Glenfinnan.

Looking at RTT for the last three days, the morning train has arrived in Mallaig 27, 23 and 29 minutes early respectively. The gain shows at Glenfinnan in all cases.

West Coast Railways has also posted a video of the first departure from Fort William on the 15th July.

It's on Facebook, but no log in is required:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=335344077461602

It's also on the Network Rail Scotland Twitter feed (again, no log in required):

Among other things, it shows the partitions that have been installed between the seating bays in the open stock.

awsnews

I see that the paths for The Jacobite stock have now appeared on Real Time Trains for the 12th and 13th July, in time for the planned start of services on the 15th.

I’m booked in mid August, First Class (Open Saloon). Perhaps this could be a repository of information and experiences for the coming season. The website carries details of the social distancing measures that are planned to be employed on board.
The first one was 45407 and 62005 top and tailling a rake of carriages. This is 45407 when it eventually got to Garelochhead

FQTV

The first one was 45407 and 62005 top and tailling a rake of carriages. This is 45407 when it eventually got to Garelochhead
Seeing things like this definitely improves my mood at the moment! Looking forward to next month enormously.