• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Journey Planner Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Hi guys,

Was randomly thinking of a new game, a journey planner game!

So, you need to get from A to B. How would you do it?

For example, I'll do an easy one: I am making a journey from Bristol Temple Meads to Meadowhall. I would take a Class 221 with XC to Sheffield and then a Northern 158 to Meadowhall. First person to provide an acceptable journey wins and gives us the next clue.

HOWEVER, I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT TWIST. ALL GAMES MUST AVOID LONDON. This includes ANY station within Zones 1-9, just to add a bit of flavour to the game, and also Cross-London services such as Bedford to Brighton are NOT allowed. I know this may be particular tricky for services starting/finishing in Kent and Essex but we'll see how it goes.

For example, if I was to go from Sturry [STU] to Bolton [BON], I would take a Southeastern 375 to Ashford International, a Southern 171 to Brighton, a First Capital Connect 377 to Gatwick Airport, a First Great Western 166 to Reading, a CrossCountry 220 to Manchester Piccadilly and a TransPennine 185 to Bolton (I think this would be the most appropriate form! If anyone knows quicker then let me know!).

Also, transfer between stations (such as from Warrington Bank Quay to Warrington Central) are not allowed either.

However, if there is a case where this may be the only option, then I will allow acceptance.

Also try not to use the same stock in the same journey, but again as above, if there is no other option I will allow it.

In your plan, you need to include three very important factors:

1) The Train Operator
2) The Rolling Stock
3) Destination.

Also, no light rail, underground or heritage railways. Strictly current National Rail routes only.

One final thing, can we number each plan please, so we can see how many we've done over the years! You'll have to look at the previous plan to get the number.

I also recommend NOT to use a Journey Planner, as they give you cross-London services (which you can set to filter avoiding London, but its inaccurate) and non-rail transfer between two stations, both of which aren't allowed.

ENJOY!

Okay, let's kick off with the first one:

1) Crediton to Salwick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.