• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Jubilee Line train - 96TS

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

A 96TS took a trip on the Northern today.

The cabview is by M. Codrington & Chris Cobley.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
I take it the relevant authors have given you permission to show off their work when it is still in the work in progress stages?

T

Tom

Damon, yes.

I am the one who is actually compiling the train up for its final release!

Coxster

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Damon, yes.

I am the one who is actually compiling the train up for its final release!
The sounds, yes ;) Looks good though!

Coxster

Established Member
nutter said:
The old one was great but a tunnel view, VERY realistic. Can BVE get any better
I'm sure they'll find a way - they usually do! :D

nutter

I have thought of a small way they could improve BVE. Have the headlights working on the night routes. I mean the signs showing up and maybe a little pool of faint light before the train. Not much but exept for that I think BVE is good enough for route training (especially Brum X-city south)

Dennis

Established Member
nutter said:
I have thought of a small way they could improve BVE. Have the headlights working on the night routes. I mean the signs showing up and maybe a little pool of faint light before the train. Not much but exept for that I think BVE is good enough for route training (especially Brum X-city south)

It is possible to get a passable effect of working headlights although the 'beam' will be a spread out rather than properly focussed -

1.....set the directional light angle so it is pointing ahead at a very low angle. Make the directional light moderately bright and a bit yellow

2.....set the ambient light level to quite dark

3....use black (or slightly blue) fog to get the directional light to fade out over distance

4....rebuild all the objects so they catch the directional light properly (this may not be neessary depending on the exact angles the objects are at and how well built they are - I find the biggest problem is with ground)

I did have a play around with this on the Clarendon route but becuase of the way I built a lot of the grounds they come out stripey so I am not progressing this idea at the moment. It can look good though (might put a few screenies up somewhen to illustrate the effet).

Coxster

Established Member
Dennis said:
nutter said:

It is possible to get a passable effect of working headlights although the 'beam' will be a spread out rather than properly focussed -

1.....set the directional light angle so it is pointing ahead at a very low angle. Make the directional light moderately bright and a bit yellow

2.....set the ambient light level to quite dark

3....use black (or slightly blue) fog to get the directional light to fade out over distance

4....rebuild all the objects so they catch the directional light properly (this may not be neessary depending on the exact angles the objects are at and how well built they are - I find the biggest problem is with ground)

I did have a play around with this on the Clarendon route but becuase of the way I built a lot of the grounds they come out stripey so I am not progressing this idea at the moment. It can look good though (might put a few screenies up somewhen to illustrate the effet).
If you could post some screenshots mate, it would be very much appriciated. I feel that your method could be adapted somehow to make some stunning night scenarios because objects (or their texture's atleast!) have to be edited to show up darker anyway.

Gavelex

it looks like the screen showing the platform is on 2 different sides. is it meant to be like this?

devon_metro

Established Member
Indeed i think the author, whoever it is should give us an update

*did i just say that :mrgreen:*

The Snap

Established Member
An update you say? OK, seen as though Dan doesn't post here too often, I'll post some shos of the brand new LT1996 on the Jubilee Line, which is nearing completion.

Baker Street Junction
96_1.jpg

Arriving in Bond Street
BondStreet.jpg

Dark tunnels of the Extension
96_3.jpg

Arriving at London Bridge
96_2.jpg

That should do you for now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.