• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Labour Party - The Big Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
The government didn't understand enough about what was going on when Cameron was pushing for military action in Syria. He was telling us he understood Assad was using chemical weapons against civilians and that was enough justification for military action but there was clear evidence whether it was Assad or the rebels who were using them. The MPs voting against Cameron has probably prevented Cameron from ending up in a similar situation to the one Blair is now in over the war in Iraq.

I think I would agree with all of that.

The Blair administration did kick out the rebel George Galloway though.

Not just Gorgeous George, either.

It's funny that people have repeatedly mentioned Ken Livingstone. People seem to forget that he was expelled from Labour in 2000 and ran for- and was elected as- London Mayor as an independent candidate.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harbornite

Established Member
What's now known as ISIS was formed in 1999, 4 years before the 2003 invasion.

I see, I assume that was when they were still "Al Qaeda in Iraq". Nevertheless, their cause was given a boost by the Iraq War and the turmoil that followed the invasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.