• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The last Leyland National in town!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
I'm not a bus enthusiast but it seems a very informative website. Good luck with the project!

Kris

Yeeuch - Nationals! Hated them.

Probably cos on Wilts 'n' Dorset back in 86 we got everybody else's old crap.

Could never get a smooth gear change with them. R.E.'s much better - nice old Bristol growl.

Dennis

Established Member
Should be the end of the Chase bus nationals in the West Midlands in a few weeks - 28th April (IIRC) should see a duplicate service running to mark the occasion.

Tom C

Should be the end of the Chase bus nationals in the West Midlands in a few weeks - 28th April (IIRC) should see a duplicate service running to mark the occasion.

Chase (or Arriva Midlands now :() are still running a near full run out of Nationals on its network of routes in Walsall with the exception of the Darts and Ikarus that they already run. Well worth a visit for a bit of Leyland 0580 thrash.

R.E.'s much better - nice old Bristol growl.

No accounting for taste I suppose :D

Don't think it matters whether you were a bit fan of Leyland, Bristols or even dare i saw it MCW at least they stood the test of time. At the moment the country still purrs to the sounds of 80's Gardener thrash be it Oilycans, Titans, Nationals, VR's or Metro's and long may it continue!!

Status
Not open for further replies.