• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Mine of Serpents

Status
Not open for further replies.

trolleyman

This tour now starts from Waterloo instead of Victoria as originally planned.... any ideas of what route this is taking now?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I'll be able to tell you provisionally when I see the booklet upon boarding and for definite about 45 mins later ;)

trolleyman

myself and a mate are booked on it too... im just curious what route it will take... im guessing east croydon/redhill/tonbridge.

should be a cracking tour

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
myself and a mate are booked on it too... im just curious what route it will take... im guessing east croydon/redhill/tonbridge.

should be a cracking tour

EDITED:

Should be that.

I suspect it will go over at Stewarts Lane Viaduct, but that has been slewed in one direction recently. The plot thickens.

EDIT - route thereafter is via Swanley and Tonbridge to British Gypsum; then Tonbridge, Redhill and East Croydon to London Bridge; then via East Croydon again to East Grinstead. The way back after that is affected by what I said about Stewarts Lane.

trolleyman

the old line the eurostar's use to use to/from waterloo........

i would of thought it would of taken this route both ways personally...

garnon

Timings posted elsewhere suggest in and out via Brixton (Linford Viaduct) - same route

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Sorry for the confusion guys - got confused between Stewarts Lane and Linford Viaduct. But in either case, I am sure one of the tracks in / out of Waterloo is OOU on the viaduct :?

Hydro

Established Member
The Linford St Jn to Nine Elms Jn flyover is OOU, yes.

Hydro

Established Member
That's very odd then, been denied access twice in the past month for a move to Waterloo and for an RM on the flyover. Someone, somewhere needs to pull their finger out in Ops or Train Planning...

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
How's Imberhorne looking?

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Nice. :D You can hear the waste trains some nights. When the wind is in the right direction.

I understand there's a new track layout just north of East Grinstead (NR)?
And do you know what time the tour is coming back up? I might head up to the station and see it pop past.

Apologies for the random demands for information.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
1740, currently 5 or so down.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Update - due past Oxted station on time, we are passing Dormans now.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
And Lingfield...

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Made it. :D

You get a real sense of the demographic of rail tours watching one sail past... ;)

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Hi Guys, how did this get back to Waterloo yesterday evening in the end? Hope it was a good trip.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.