• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The N&LR: 47 205

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,

The Northampton & Lamport Railway has, as some will know, a Class 47 in Railfreight livery. This was from store when it arrived at the Railway, with lots of parts missing, even the North Coupling :shock: . However, now Gary Austin has tested (Loco Owner). It is expected to take it's first steps with passengers on it's own on the 21st of August, which coinsides with the Meet at the same line, same day. :D I am expecting to take my Dad's swanky camera along to take some lovely shots :) I'm glad of this, the Peak is getting unreliable, loud, and a gas-guzzler. :(

EDIT: It alrady is :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick

OT: How long is the NLR and how long does it take to travel on (one way)

tubechallenger said:
8mph then Paul? ;)

Wrong

We go North from the station to Bridge 13
South through the Station to Bridge 11
North Back to Bridge 13 South to 5the Station

There is a 10 mph limit over Bridge 12, a 5mph limit over the crossing, 15 mph everyware else :shock:

No...

It did have 9F's because of some major gradients around the tunnels, was double track all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.