• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
Bwa ha ha :D A perfect 15! More than makes up for Andrew winning on Clue 2 last night.

I hope you guys don't repeat the trick here!

Clue 1: I have three platforms

Ivo

Established Member
No flukes this time (yet - realistically within two would be a fluke).

Clue 2: I have electrified using the DC system.

Ivo

Established Member
Elmers End

I'll let you off there. Elmers End hasn't had three heavy rail platforms for some time but the third is still in use (on the Tramlink).

Clue 4: Roughly three services in four call at no more than five stations after this one before terminating.

Ivo

Established Member
Good clue :p I have no idea...

Bristol Parkway

I'm willing to back down on this if others disagree but for me that has to be a penalty. There may only be two stations with Bristol in their name but there are plenty of others in the city! Not to mention that strictly speaking it is in South Gloucestershire...

EDIT: Actually, it has to be a penalty. If it is referring to Bristol, it is smaller than Temple Meads; if not, it is larger than Patchway.

This has made me think of a potential problem though. What happens if a clue is a dud? Should the setter lose a point? EDIT: Have updated the rules; the penalty is three points and a forfeit of the player's next floor.

Robinson

I have to be off pretty shortly (although I can check back in about 1 hour).

Would that be worthy of a points penalty?

Ivo

Established Member
Richmond? How does that work? :shock:

I can't see anyone calling this one (I have to be off soon as well). Fair play to anyone that does :)