• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

ls2270

Established Member
Clue 4: this station has more than one bay platform and more than one through platforms.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ls2270

Established Member
Clue 5: this station has the most platforms of any station managed by this TOC.

ls2270

Established Member
Not Clapham Junction. The TOC who manages the station in question doesn’t serve Clapham Junction!

ls2270

Established Member
Is it Shrewsbury ?

PS Clapham Junction has more than 5 paltforms !
I think you might be inadvertently answering the previous question here. To recap, the clues for this one are...
1. This station is served by 2 TOCs.
2. The lines at this station are third rail electrified.
3. This station is served by trains to and from more than one London terminus.
4. This station has more than one bay platform and more than one through platform.
5. This station has more platforms than any other station managed by this TOC.

martinsh

Established Member
I think you might be inadvertently answering the previous question here. To recap, the clues for this one are...
1. This station is served by 2 TOCs.
2. The lines at this station are third rail electrified.
3. This station is served by trains to and from more than one London terminus.
4. This station has more than one bay platform and more than one through platform.
5. This station has more platforms than any other station managed by this TOC.
Yes I was. Funny how clues 1-3 of the last one fit together with clues 4 & 5 of this one to give Shrewsbury, and all of the answers on this page (except Clapham Junction) also meet clues 1-3 of last one.

I think the answer to this one is Orpington

ls2270

Established Member
Yes I was. Funny how clues 1-3 of the last one fit together with clues 4 & 5 of this one to give Shrewsbury, and all of the answers on this page (except Clapham Junction) also meet clues 1-3 of last one.

I think the answer to this one is Orpington
You think completely correctly! All yours!

martinsh

Established Member
Clue 5 : this station is the only one in the settlement it serves. There was previously another station, but that closed in the Beeching era. Prior to that this station had the suffix "Central". [ And historically this station has other names as well ] It was never possible to catch a direct train between the two stations.

ls2270

Established Member
Try another clue as you’ve made the effort to come up with the question!