• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The new toy

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

Can anyone tell me if the upcoming Windows Bisto has got rid of the need to re-boot everytime you install something? If it ain't I won't bother with it. It doesn't seem much more than XP anyway.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

Yep, it has, but instead you just need to pour gravy over it :p :mrgreen:

Seriously, I have no idea, but I very much doubt it! :(

T

Tom

You don't need to reboot with XP - its just a precautionary measure.

Vista doesn't remove the need either - but don't get it if you have a very low-spec machine.

H

HR2

If you don't need to re-boot with xp or bisto why won't some programmes run until you do? Re-booting is the biggest curse of windows

T

Tom

Some programs were designed for 9X, so require reboot and complain until you do.

Tom B

Established Member
HR2 said:
If you don't need to re-boot with xp or bisto why won't some programmes run until you do? Re-booting is the biggest curse of windows

As Tom said you normally don't and it will all be OK - problem is stopping it from rebooting. Close the window it does it for you, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.