• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The next improvement is a new CIS for the Piccadilly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

The Piccadilly Line is to recieve a new CIS system in the trains following the introduction of the Heathrow T5 branch.

The new CIS will come with these benefits:
  • Next station announcements
  • This station is... announcements
  • More benefits to users

It will probably be Emma Clarke (the infamous Circle Line woman)... so put ya seatbelts on, it's going to be a fun ride ahead...

The next station is Heathrow Terminal 5!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
I'm in favour of this (to an extent), purely because the current system is so restrictive. The current system can only make 25 announcements, 18 of which are hardly ever used. There is also a delay of several seconds from when the driver enters the code to the announcement being made, which I feel is a bit daft. Finally, when an auto announcement is made, the scrolling dot-matrix indicators switch off and only come back on when the driver resets the destination (not practical, and can take a while).

Jordy

Established Member
I agree with this, its much needed!, but does it mean the end of

Funny Platform Announcer said:
This is Gloucester Road, The Next station is South Kensington, Please stand clear of the closing doors

I hope not ;)

If you have no idea what i'm talking about, click HERE

Jordy

Met Driver

Established Member
There'll be no need for the platform announcer when the new system is installed.

T

Tom

From what I have been told, that system will be used to an extent at Covent Garden (to make sure the heritage stays).

andrewmay

It will be a shame when those announcements go as I always liked them and it differentiated the Piccadilly Line from other lines.

Cheers,
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.