• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Official Olympic Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnellzug

Established Member
Well, has anyone heard the Official olympic song? By Muse, apparently. I must say, it isn't quite what I was expecting. I was sure it was going to be like Sir Gary Barlow's Jubilee song, with all choruses of multi-ethnic childred and so on, but actually it's rather pleasingly bombastic. I wonder who the money from it will go to?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DavidBrown

Really pleased that Muse have done the song - seen them live twice and have loved pretty much everything they've done (aside from that Twilight song a couple of years ago...). Whilst Muse wrote the song with the Olympics in the back of their mind, it wasn't specifically for the official song but for their new album in the autumn, so it means that we have a great song that hasn't held back with milder tones or cheesy lyrics.

I would have thought that most of the money would go to Muse rather than LOCOG bearing in mind that it was for their new album anyway. It might even be a case of LOCOG giving a fair bit of money to Muse for their song.

Status
Not open for further replies.