The opposite to heads-out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
49,878
Location
Yorkshire
Looks very dangerous and irresponsible, and is the sort of thing that gives us a bad name :(

Especially the one on the left - looks like he could have easily fallen out.
 

Simming

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,186
Location
Cornwall
yorkie said:
Looks very dangerous and irresponsible, and is the sort of thing that gives us a bad name :(

Especially the one on the left - looks like he could have easily fallen out.
says someone who goes every possible mile with his head out the window! And has taken or has been in trespass shots in the past.

At least with those parts of the anatomy, there is less chance of death if a leg or arsehole is taken off by a passing train, unlike the case of the head, where death is pretty much 100% cert if removed.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
49,878
Location
Yorkshire
Simming said:
says someone who goes every possible mile with his head out the window! And has taken or has been in trespass shots in the past.
Erm, nope. I do a bit of heads-out on occasion, but only when you can see where you're going, and as done by 100's of others. When have I trespassed? That's libel, I suggest you withdraw the accusation immediately.

Simming said:
At least with those parts of the anatomy, there is less chance of death if a leg or arsehole is taken off by a passing train, unlike the case of the head, where death is pretty much 100% cert if removed.
A stupid comment to make, and the person in the first one could easily have fallen out of the train.
 

Guinness

Established Member
Joined
13 Jun 2005
Messages
3,737
No wonder why the HSE are starting to raise eyebrows and are considering reviewing Windows used on the Mainline.

Pictures like that aren't good for the Hobby. Congratulations on finding them.......
 

ChrisM

Member
Joined
14 Aug 2005
Messages
716
Chaz said:
No wonder why the HSE are starting to raise eyebrows and are considering reviewing Windows used on the Mainline.

Pictures like that aren't good for the Hobby. Congratulations on finding them.......
A reason why many years ago window bars were put on alot of railtour coaches.
Leaning out of a window is one thing but those pictures show plain idiots at play.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
49,878
Location
Yorkshire
Chaz said:
Pictures like that aren't good for the Hobby. Congratulations on finding them.......
Agreed. It would be best not to give such photos any mention or publicity, IMO.
 

87015

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2006
Messages
4,467
Location
GEML/WCML/SR
ChrisM said:
A reason why many years ago window bars were put on alot of railtour coaches.
Window bars were fitted to Intercity charter rakes after two incidents with goggled clowns on kettle tours in quick succession in the Severn Tunnel and near Conwy.
 

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,871
What's so bad about a leg hanging out of a window that gets all you flustered up, yet if you see a head or an arm dangling out of a window, you think it's uber-cool and you go and do it yourself?
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
49,878
Location
Yorkshire
Jamie said:
What's so bad about a leg hanging out of a window that gets all you flustered up, yet if you see a head or an arm dangling out of a window, you think it's uber-cool and you go and do it yourself?
Erm, so you stick your leg out while working for the GCR?
 

Lewisham2221

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2005
Messages
1,014
Location
Staffordshire
Jamie said:
What's so bad about a leg hanging out of a window that gets all you flustered up, yet if you see a head or an arm dangling out of a window, you think it's uber-cool and you go and do it yourself?
At least when sticking ones head out of the window, you have the slight advantage of being more able to spot anything that has the ability to cause injury, unless the chaps in the above shtos had eyes on their toes or between their arse cheeks, they didn't even stand half a chance of spotting anything. ;) The same applies for arms as well really, IMO, although you can usually see more.

As for heads-out, it doesn't really compare on the same level of stupidity IMO. Firstly, consider the fact that most cases of 'heads out' see barely more than the tip of a nose actually being outside the window anyway, if that was posing any sort of risk, I think some serious clearence issues would need to be addressed. ;)

And I'll ignore the sarcastic, hypocritical tone of your post, thanks.
 

David

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2005
Messages
5,104
Location
Scunthorpe
Simming said:
At least with those parts of the anatomy, there is less chance of death if a leg or arsehole is taken off by a passing train, unlike the case of the head, where death is pretty much 100% cert if removed.
Death is just as certain, bit a couple of minutes longer in coming. If a leg or youe backside is ripped of by a passing train, then you will bleed to death in a couple of minutes, unless there is a highly skilled docter beside you, and an operating theater (complete with surgeons, etc) ready.
 

evil_hippo

Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
772
Location
Lewisham
The Gricer said:
You can suggest all you like but such irresponsible behaviour, as seen in those pictures, is serious.
It's very amusing if they don't die, providing no one decides to imitate them. And I don't think anyone on this forum, with the possible exception of Gareth Hale, is that stupid.

Certain things are posted on this forum showing completely idiotic behaviour, this being a prime example, but people should stop getting in a stress because they see it in a context of people being encouraged to imitate the behaviour. Everyone laughs at stupidity, and it really shouldn't be taken seriously.
 

The Gricer

Member
Joined
11 Aug 2005
Messages
269
Location
MP 34½ SWML
TheSlash said:
I thought the opposite of heads out, would be heads in?
Depends how you look at it. Take the opposite of the first word instead of the second and you get 'tails out' which is what we have in that picture.

evil_hippo said:
It's very amusing if they don't die....
I for one don't find behaviour like that in the slightest amusing. (But then, as it says above my avatar, I am a miserable old scrote)



Frank
 

Nick W

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2005
Messages
1,438
Location
Cambridge
But in the leg picture the train is switching tracks so it is impossible for another train to come and do damage.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
49,878
Location
Yorkshire
Nick W said:
But in the leg picture the train is switching tracks so it is impossible for another train to come and do damage.
I doubt the person sticking the leg out was thinking this at the time, I can't imagine them thinking "Hmm.. we're at <wherever> junction, and it's safe to do this for a few seconds". No - they were probably drunk and lucky they didn't do it somewhere far more dangerous.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top