• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Politically Correct brigade strike again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
Whaaat? Why does it matter if our country is a little fat! It's no one's fault but the fat people's and if they want to eat pies, then they should be able to!

Gizmogle

Established Member
Nah, but people are getting fatter aren't they?
I mean, Japan has sushi...we have fish and chips...
I'd say we're quite unhealthy as a country...

16CSVT2700

Established Member
I used to be 14.5 stone.

Look at me now 2 years later 8)
group01jn3.png

Just goes to show with a little will-power anything is possible.

Craig

Established Member
Well that answers the age old question of who at all the pies... someone in Wigan apparently :lol:

Nah, but people are getting fatter aren't they?
All depends on the person I think. I eat loads of unhealthy food and I'm not overweight.

Alekseys

This country is getting far too fat, and half of the world is going down this road with us. I think it's a problem that needs addressing, but not in that way it is in that article!

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn10036&feedId=online-news_rss20
^"Obesity epidemic engulfing the entire world"

Obesity is a huge killer, for example it kills thousands times more than terrorism has, and I think it deserves that kind of attention.

frasier

Obesity is a huge killer, for example it kills thousands times more than terrorism has, and I think it deserves that kind of attention.

Have you read the papers recently? There is loads on obesity; it's a pretty constant topic of discussion.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
No pie-eating contest? That'll be strange...Well, there will be but only this crappy single-pie-as-fast-as-possible one. Waste of time!

Let them eat pies if they want. I couldn't care less if they get fat as a result.

Alekseys

Actually I suppose you're right, to the media, money (selling papers) is more important than the truth. All I could do is attack the system itself by saying that the UK worships the Great God Profit as I'm one of these filthy idealists :happy7:

frasier

Actually I suppose you're right, to the media, money (selling papers) is more important than the truth. All I could do is attack the system itself by saying that the UK worships the Great God Profit as I'm one of these filthy idealists :happy7:

And I suppose "the truth" therefore, only comes out when you get free newspapers? Well, actually, I very much doubt that.

Gizmogle

Established Member
Hmn, the ‘healthy eating lobby’ eh? Not heard of them. Do they run about slapping stickers on fast food outlets and wrenching burgers out of people’s hands, replacing them with carrots?

Ahaha! They should! I like fast food, but it is incredibly unhealthy. Hardly anyone can be bothered to eat healthily and always say that they don't like healthy food. But if you just stop buying it and start eating fruit and really healthy things then you get used to it and really start to like it. If you eat healthy then it doesn't matter if you have fast food every now and then.
People need to give healthy eating a try!

Gizmogle

Established Member
They should have pineapple eating contests!
Or I guess even fruit pie eating contests would be an improvement

Techniquest

Veteran Member
VEG!!!

That's my immediate thought there matey...

Seriously, you can dream all you like, you'll never achieve such a thing. Evangelising vegetarians, that's almost more unbearable than Blair...

Alekseys

Seriously, you can dream all you like, you'll never achieve such a thing. Evangelising vegetarians, that's almost more unbearable than Blair...

Vegetarianism is the way, brother :happy7:

Status
Not open for further replies.