• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Praise for Transport Industry Staff and Companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Every member on here travels regularly on trains, trams, buses and of course other modes such as ferrys flights and the oft forgotten taxi to/from your final destination. We do get threads with foalk saying a well deserved thankyou to the men and women who make all these things work day in day out and those of us who write trip reports also comment on good service but I thought I'd try this and see how it goes, a centralised place for messages of gratitude thanks and encouragement for the the unsung heros of our transport network from conductors to cleaners, drivers to desk bound individuals in controll rooms, signaling centres and offices of many kinds and functions via everywhere/one in between.

I'll start the ball rolling with Northern a TOC I almost always enjoy traveling with but especially today, Sunday May 21st where they had a sittuation they couldnt do much about but at the least appologised and coped as best they could.
11:11 Blackpool York, 2 car vice 3 car 158, full on departure and more so at Preston both due to its expected load and some extras due to the local stopper towards Coln being canx and we left standing down the isles. The conductor kept calm and although literally wedged into the back cab he didnt just hide but made an announcement appologising and keeping us informed. Another follwed shortly after saying he had spoken to controll and they were supporting him where possible. At each station he ensured people stepped off to allow others to do so and made sure those traveling on were aboard again before dispatch. At Burnley he made a special announcement for a wheelchair passenger assuring them that he knew they were there and needed assistance and would get to them as quickly as he could.

A great performance on a busy day with a large and diverse load including footy fans, hen partys and more. Conductor, driver and controll all need thanking here.

Status
Not open for further replies.