• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Prediction League (TPL) Rules

TPL Rules

• A1: Keep the margin of 1000

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A2: Change to a margin of 0.5%

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • A3: Keep the 5-point bonus, and introduce a 2-point bonus for a margin of 2000

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • B1: Keep the Blue Square Premier

• B2: Swap Blue Square Premier for the Scottish Premier

• B3: Get rid of Blue Square Premier and no replacement

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • C1: Aggregate away goals do not need to match scoreline predictions

• C2: Aggregate away goals must match scoreline predictions

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
[Please only vote if you have received a PM.]

With the consultation period now over, we move onto the voting stage for proposed changes.

Item 1: Attendance Precision Bonus

The proposal is to change it from the current situation of awarding a 5-point bonus for any entry within 1000, to a percentage based system where any entry within 0.5% of the actual attendance is awarded the 5-point bonus.

Another option is to keep the existing status quo, but introduce a smaller bonus for a bigger margin. (If this is the case then similar changes will be applied to aggregate away goals too.)

Please choose either option A1, A2 or A3.

Item 2: Scottish Premier Leage

The proposal is to choose fixtures from the Scottish Premier League instead of from the Blue Square Premier.

Please choose either option B1, B2 or B3.

Item 3: Aggregate Away Goals

Currently aggregate away goals do not need to match a player's match score predictions. This is sometimes done tactically. The proposal is to make it compulsory for the away goals entry to match the scoreline predictions.

Please choose either option C1 or C2.

The poll closes on 25th July.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
I've voted.

I think A3 is an interesting idea, and if my proposal doesn't get the go-ahead - which, allowing for others' concerns, I expect to be the case - I think it could be an interesting substitute for the percentages idea.

SS4

Established Member
I've cast my vote. No bonus points for guessing my opinion on C though :lol:

newbie babs

Being as i just want to predict. I dont understand why it has to be more complicated.
I did not think it was a maths contest.

Ivo

Established Member
Being as i just want to predict. I dont understand why it has to be more complicated.
I did not think it was a maths contest.

If that's the general consensus (as appears to be the case) all that happens is that this poll will surely end up just proving as much and we can roll along. As bb21 said, there has to be a majority for a change to be accepted.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Thank you to all who have voted. There will be two changes to the format for the forthcoming season:

(1) The aggregate away goals forecast must match your scoreline predictions. If there is conflict, the aggregate from your scoreline predictions will be used.
(2) All bonus points will remain as they were, with the addition of a 2-point bonus for entries less than and including 2000 away (for aggregate attendance) or 1 goal away (for aggregate away goals).

The wording of the competition rules will be amended accordingly.

The new season starts on Friday 17th August and fixtures for the first few rounds will be released no later than Friday 10th August.

Status
Not open for further replies.