• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Professionals TV series and railway scenes/carriages

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarby

Many of you will be familiar with TV series The Professionals, of Bodie and Doyle fame.

One of its legacies has been to provide some wonderful outdoor scenes of London and around from 1977-1983.

Some include good railway shots - a notable one is Paddington station in the episode "Rogue".

I am going through the box set episodes at the moment, and of even more note is a car chase/shootout scene in "Blind Run". According to sources this was filmed at Nine Elms goods yard / (South) Lambeth goods yard - I guess these may have been one and the same?

In this scene one sees some old departmental carriages. I have attached a photo I took from the TV screen. Unfortunately it is a bit tricky to make out the number but it looks like DS 70313.

I am no expert, but examining other photos it appears to be a SR Maunsell Third.

Could it be what was subsequently ADS 70313, which was used as an office coach at Fratton, and then preserved and restored on the Bluebell Railway? See here:

http://departmentals.com/photo/70313a

That would mean that at some stage its numbering was moved down the body and the "A" added.

Or is it another example? However, I can't find a numbering like DS 7031? that would match.

prof.JPG

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Many of you will be familiar with TV series The Professionals, of Bodie and Doyle fame.

One of its legacies has been to provide some wonderful outdoor scenes of London and around from 1977-1983.

Some include good railway shots - a notable one is Paddington station in the episode "Rogue".

I am going through the box set episodes at the moment, and of even more note is a car chase/shootout scene in "Blind Run". According to sources this was filmed at Nine Elms goods yard / (South) Lambeth goods yard - I guess these may have been one and the same?

In this scene one sees some old departmental carriages. I have attached a photo I took from the TV screen. Unfortunately it is a bit tricky to make out the number but it looks like DS 70313.

I am no expert, but examining other photos it appears to be a SR Maunsell Third.

Could it be what was subsequently ADS 70313, which was used as an office coach at Fratton, and then preserved and restored on the Bluebell Railway? See here:

http://departmentals.com/photo/70313a

That would mean that at some stage its numbering was moved down the body and the "A" added.

Or is it another example? However, I can't find a numbering like DS 7031? that would match.

View attachment 43288
Try posting it on the Bluebells Facebook page.

Status
Not open for further replies.