• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The questions you shouldn't ask in a interview but are dying to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC 72100

Established Member
I think number 1 is the only reasonable question there, although it is poorly phrased and I can understand that getting the interviewer's back up.

I always ask a question at the end of of a job interview. Apparently when I was 17, going for a saturday sales assistant job, one of the key things that set me aside (apart from going in having done research on the company) was that I asked questions at the end and was the only candidate to do so.

Since then I always make sure that I have at least one question to ask, in whatever role it may be.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tibbins

Is it true that your asked on what you'd do or feel if someone jumped under your train? Seems a little dark but has anyone ever been asked this when going for a railway job?

scott118

Yep. However, how can you seriously answer that, if you've never experienced it? That was the answer i gave in retaliation...

Tibbins

That's what I would say everyone will react differently some people might be driving the next day some might need a month or two off.

nick40uk

I met a driver who has hit two people. He was off for a couple of weeks but it didn't really affect him and his reasoning was that in his mind it was the train that killed them, not him.

Someone I know asked me that same question when I mentioned about going for a driving job. I said that I can't answer as I have never been in that situation before.

TomBoyd

That's what I would say everyone will react differently some people might be driving the next day some might need a month or two off.

We had a driver come on the GSMR a few weeks ago and all he said was "i've got one under..."

A couple of times the drivers calm the signallers down!

Status
Not open for further replies.