• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The return of 2407

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Nice pics there Stephen. Unfortunately I have missed out two days in a row! Firstly was Wednesday when I had literally just left the station and it flew past me. The second was yesterday when the 47 passed me light loco near Brookwood - if only I had stayed at Woking for an extra five minutes (and I'd have also seen light 66 and a tank train)!

trains2

Great pics, if only you'd got a nice sharp image of 2401 and 2407 together, could've entitled it 'the shape of things to come'. Quiet funny that 2407 was tailing 2401 all the way to Poole.

Here's my pic, pretty awful as light just died on me at St. Cross, was sunny earlier. :rolleyes:

http://southern-railway.fotopic.net/

Cheers

Coxster

Established Member
You can't really call them 'refurbished' as the passenger's interior is pretty much the same. The cabs are slightly different though (2401 compared to 2411 & 2421 at least). They have all been refrubished since their introductioin. Would this change be called 'refreshed after exam'?

Established Member
yer well theres a story to only havng one pic of the two together!!! i orgainally took two one of which was amazing the other of which was rubbish (the one of the site) well my mum was looknig through the pics and "accdently" pressed the wrong button thus deleting the better one! i wasnt best pleased!

Coxster

Established Member
Anyone noticed the livery differences? I have noticed that the big black thing under the buffers on 2401 is blue on 2407. Also the blue goes under the front door-step on 2407, unlike 2401.

trains2

Coxster said:
You can't really call them 'refurbished' as the passenger's interior is pretty much the same. The cabs are slightly different though (2401 compared to 2411 & 2421 at least). They have all been refrubished since their introductioin. Would this change be called 'refreshed after exam'?

Meh, externally has been refurbished. They did something to the motor bogies and other things that make it go, so technically it is refurbished.

Status
Not open for further replies.