• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Return of 442401

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
2401 will be returning from ilford to bourenmouth tonight all i know is its a t poole at 01:38. No idea on traction etc.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonb

Established Member
Suspect its 47841, been down at Dagenham since Wednesday evening. For future ref dep time from Ilford is around 1900 (ish)

As for the next unit I suspect they'll send the next one straight away.

Established Member
I wouldnt be so sure theres engineering works wouldnt suprise me if they leave it till monday or something like that!

trains2

Ouch, I am not keen on that door:

mck2401ilford1.jpg

Dunno when the pic was taken, but unless the livery has changed quite a bit, it doesn't look complete. Firstly the number isn't on there; the orange line on the darker blue band isn't on there, and the position of the sweep looks like it's been changed.

Julian G

Established Member
joea1 said:
Somebody said that it's now a permanent shunter :?
--- edited ---
http://forums.railuk.org/showthread.php?p=43436
--- edited ---
It would be brilliant if they sent the next one down tomorrow. I have my new Sony DSC600 camera 8-)
cool ,You got that new camera!!
Rich, it looks like Ilford to me

---
Yeh , let us know when the next unit is going to Ilford
is it 442406 that will be next?

T

Tom

47841 is confirmed to be hauling the train down back here.

It's at Clapham Junction at around 22:00.

T

Tom

Hmm that gen you had then was wrong wasnt it... ;)

Anyway move cancelled apparently!

trains2

Julian G said:
Rich, it looks like Ilford to me

trains2 said:
Dunno when the pic was taken

;)

Officially cancelled. Was due to run:

47841 + SWT 2401 5X42 20+47 Ilford TMD - Bournemouth T+RSMD (02:10) >

Stratford 20:59,
Clap Jn 22:05/07
Byfleet Jn 22:22,
Bournemouth 01:22,
Poole 01:38-?? (r/r)
Bournemouth T+RSMD 02:10

Julian G

Established Member
trains2 said:
;)

Officially cancelled. Was due to run:

47841 + SWT 2401 5X42 20+47 Ilford TMD - Bournemouth T+RSMD (02:10) >

Stratford 20:59,
Clap Jn 22:05/07
Byfleet Jn 22:22,
Bournemouth 01:22,
Poole 01:38-?? (r/r)
Bournemouth T+RSMD 02:10
great!! :)
when's the next journey?

TheSlash

Established Member
I thought it was coming back Monday morning, dropping off 2401 and taking 2402, which is running round with a dodgy smell coming out of the traction motors, lets hope it lasts until monday... :D

Coxster

Established Member
trains2 said:
Ouch, I am not keen on that door:
Dunno when the pic was taken, but unless the livery has changed quite a bit, it doesn't look complete. Firstly the number isn't on there; the orange line on the darker blue band isn't on there, and the position of the sweep looks like it's been changed.
As for the door, I suppose it is because of this rule thing that doors have to be easily visable to people who have poor vision. The only people that can miss a big hole in the side of a train or lights around the buttons are blind people or people who wouldn't see the edge of a platform anyway! As for the stripe, Rich, I mentioned that elsewhere (after reading a magazine a couple of weeks ago;) ).

jonb

Established Member
Move *Should* Be sometime this week, expect a late departure from Ilford, 47841 to do the hounours...

richa2002

Established Member
Coxster said:
As for the door, I suppose it is because of this rule thing that doors have to be easily visable to people who have poor vision. The only people that can miss a big hole in the side of a train or lights around the buttons are blind people or people who wouldn't see the edge of a platform anyway! As for the stripe, Rich, I mentioned that elsewhere (after reading a magazine a couple of weeks ago;) ).
Being ruled by minorities again :mad:

jonb

Established Member
Move now on for next Monday again now! On a different note 47841 + 47150 ran L/E from Dagg to Rugby today as 0M26.

ChrisM

Richard Armstrong said:
Being ruled by minorities again :mad:
They have a cheek don't they,next up wheelchairs will be allowed on trains and trains will have to have a disabled toilet.:rolleyes:
Public transport should be made easy to use for everyone and if making a train door more easily seen then so be it,it's not hurting anyone.

Coxster

Established Member
ChrisM said:
They have a cheek don't they,next up wheelchairs will be allowed on trains and trains will have to have a disabled toilet.:rolleyes:
Public transport should be made easy to use for everyone and if making a train door more easily seen then so be it,it's not hurting anyone.
My point was if people can't see a door on a train lit up by lights on the door buttons or actually being open leaving a big hole in the train, then what chance have they of reading safety notices or maybe seeing the edge of a platform etc?

ChrisM

If painting a door yellow helps some people out then so be it,not everyone has perfect eyesight. :)
Last year an old man fell between a sprinter at Southampton thinking he was stepping onto a train through the door but fell between the coaches.:?:

Coxster

Established Member
ChrisM said:
Last year an old man fell between a sprinter at Southampton thinking he was stepping onto a train through the door but fell between the coaches.:?:
A change of door colour wouldn't help that bloke as it would look darker where the open door is to him anyway.

andel

coxster,
many visually impared people have assistance booked, but this is not the only reasons for painting the door yellow - easier identification of where the doors actually are for one (especially in an accident or at night), let alone the whole guide dogs being trained where to look etc.

A yellow door makes the identification process quicker, simplier, easier.

As a disabled user and accessability consultant, your comments give me a shocking alert to the reality of the amount of awareness there is towards the equal access issue.

If your comments were jokingly, i find them in poor taste.

And ChrisM, yes - we're the cheekiest of the bunch. Dag nag it we'll be using you all as huskies next! ;)

Coxster

Established Member
Hmm, some of those points I hadn't thought of, especially the accidents and guide dog situations. My comments weren't meant to be in bad taste.

It doesn't stop the door looking ugly though (compared to old 442 style, in an enthusiast's view) :p

AlexS

Established Member
That's mainly SWTs choice of their livery arrangements - it looks fine on mid body doored Desiros, but doesn't suit 442s so much. Virgin managed to pull it off fairly well - their freaky reflective bee stripes actually go with the livery OK, Central Trains' livery has always been one of the better ones, and still looks 'k with yellow doors, GNER choosing bright orange is an 'I dunno' option, and so on.

It's something you have to get used to, and as it's merely cosmetic and absolutely nothing to do with the running of the train, or the comfort factor inside, you would think people would have no complaints about it!

66's are evil

47150 is in a state (body covered in graffiti). Anyone know if this happened recently and where it was stabled when it happened?

jonb

Established Member
Incident occurred at Dagenham, quite a few 66's have been broken into as well apparently.

Coxster

Established Member
It left Ilford with 47811 at 10:17 today.

EDIT:

Coxster said:
It left Ilford with 47811 at 10:17 today.
It's now been cancelled. May run overnight or tomorrow.

RJ

Established Member
It ruddy well did run today and I'm mighty p*ssed because I was a Stratford for the best part of 3 hrs for it to pass 30 mins later. Grr! Last update 1345 Camden.

Status
Not open for further replies.