• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Secret Agent TV series

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I have recently been watching The Secret Agent TV series and wondered where the railway scenes were filmed. ?

There was a sign over one main station, which looked very grand, that said, I think, Great Southern Railway. A departure board in the station, indicated a train going to Shepperton, calling at Vauxhall, Wansdworth? Wimbledon, Hampton and Shepperton.

When the steam loco hauling a train to Southampton was shown, the loco had British Railways on it's tender. The programme was set in 1851, so long before British Railways, not even sure if it would have been LSWR then? The carriages looked very old though.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steamybrian

Established Member
In episode 3 they used class D49 no. 62712 (built in the 1930s in BR livery).
The station they Joined the train I could not identify.
The station they alighted from the train was Birkhill on the Bo'ness & Kinneill Railway.

oldman

The GSR station was Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery in Glasgow.

Status
Not open for further replies.