• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The signalling game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

Established Member
The rules for this are quite simple, you may move the train one signal section each turn. You may also declare HOLD to stop the train at a station or other location regardless of if it has signals or not, if HOLD has been declared, the next player must declare RESUME before their turn, if you wish to reverse the direction of a train, HOLD must have been declared in the previous turn and you must declare REVERSE RESUME. If a train has been signalled into a a dead end platform or siding then HOLD and REVERSE will automatically be declared. If in an absolute block area you must declare LINE CLEAR before making a move through an AB section, if ETB you must declare TOKEN and if in TB area you must declare TRAIN ACCEPTED, if you do not then your move will be voided. The train is cleared anywhere on the main GB network but may not be taken on HS1 or any lines not part of the conventional network. You have no control over automatic signals so once someone has routed a train to an automatic signal the next move must be from the next controlled signal.

The game will start with the train in platform 1 at Penzance and HOLDING.

The first move is RESUME PZ67 - PZ66.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I don't get this game as for anyone who doesn't have a map or doesn't work any routes then how are they supposed to know :?:

Zoe

Established Member
I don't get this game as for anyone who doesn't have a map or doesn't work any routes then how are they supposed to know
There are quite a few photos of signal box diagrams in the Western Region available online.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Basically, only people with signalling diagrams can play. As soon as we get into Southern territory I'll join in!

sonic2009

Established Member
Right okay. So that puts me and a lot of other people out, who don't know about signalling!

Zoe

Established Member
Right okay. So that puts me and a lot of other people out, who don't know about signalling!
You can always look for signal box diagram photos, there are quite a few Cornish ones online.

Status
Not open for further replies.