• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY Yankee

The Simpsons simply isn't funny anymore. It relies too heavily on guest stars. I can't really explain it, but it seems like they're trying too hard to be funny.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
The Lady Gaga episode was one of the worst episodes they've every produced. Sad really, as I'm a massive Simpsons fan!

Heinz57

And the realy sad thing is, the episode with Lady GaGa had potential to be a realy good episode. Unfortinatly the story was rubish and the script was poor. Quite a dissapointment!

jon0844

Veteran Member
The Simpsons simply isn't funny anymore. It relies too heavily on guest stars. I can't really explain it, but it seems like they're trying too hard to be funny.

It's been like that for ages though, but more and more episodes are written around the celebrity.

I stopped enjoying it when the episodes got far too stupid. The silly episodes were reserved for the Treehouse of Horror editions, where it was acceptable to do all of the things that wouldn't make sense in the regular episodes.

I think somewhere along the line that was forgotten. I used to laugh at the clever things the characters said and not the slapstick humour it relies on now.

Futurama on the other hand can do what it likes, and seems to work. Plus it hasn't been on as long (given it's large 'gap') to become totally stale. I am sure it would given enough time.

Heinz57

My favorite Simpsons is between season 10 and 19. However the earlyer ones are the best.

Something else I like is King of the Hill, it isn't hystericaly funny but its deffinatly entertaining.

Shame it was cancelled.

Got cancelled to make way for The Cleveland Show I beleive.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I actually quite like the Cleveland Show. As for King of the Hill, I think I've seen funnier funerals than that!

Status
Not open for further replies.