• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Snowman and the Snowdog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbon 1

Anyone else see it? Opinions?

Personally I liked the history embedded into the new story with it being the same house and him finding the hat scale and the motorbike in the garage, but other than the short flight over London Bridge, it moved too quickly and had nothing on the origional, but hey. That's my opinion :p

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

radamfi

Established Member
I think it is intended to be seen as a standalone film for current children and not old farts like myself who remember watching the original in 1982. It was updated to represent 21st century family life i.e. no dad.

fgwrich

Established Member
I liked it too. It's very good sequel with a huge nod to the original film with the house, motorbike, and snow globe - And to stick to the original animation style is in this day and age, quite frankly amazing. As for the Soundtrack - equally as brilliant, and largely created by the brilliant (of ex Razorlight {When they were decent!}) Andy Burrows. Ok, so it's not Aled Jones's Walking in the air, but it's a tough act to follow that's been done in only the slightly modern way that Andy Burrows works in - superbly.

If your interested in reading how it was created, i've just noticed / read this article on the Telegraphs website.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...e-Snowman-and-the-Snowdog-the-making-of.html#

And the Snowman & The Snow Dogs theme for anyone who's interested:

[youtube]ne-01EorQBs[/youtube]

You know its not Christmas untill youve seen The Snowman! :)

radamfi

Established Member
Aled Jones only sang a cover version of the song. Peter Auty was the singer in The Snowman. He also sang on some of the British Rail adverts in the early 80s.

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
Slightly disappointed by this remake/sequel - felt like a rather pointless endeavour considering how it added little to nothing new to the story and felt more gimmicky with the aeroplane sequences and ski race.

Can't imagine I would watch again.

Status
Not open for further replies.