• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Southern Website doesn't show all available TVMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil35

Has anyone else noticed this? I've only tried it for collection at either Bradford station or Barnsley station and none of the three are on there. Any idea why this is? Has it just not been updated since Northern allowed COD a while back? I've used a few different booking websites, and these stations are in the collection drop down box on those websites, just not on Southern's!

Btw, I realise that I can still collect tickets from any TOD-enabled machine, but it would be helpful (especially for a passenger who isn't as familiar with the stations in question as I am) if they were added to the list.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member
The Northern site is the only site that offers ticket on collection at all fully installed Northern TVMs - this has been the case for a while. It seems to take quite a few months for them to appear in the list on all of the other ticket selling sites - not sure if this is down to Northern being slow to inform the ticket booking engine providers or the ticket booking engine providers being slow to update.

phil35

The Northern site is the only site that offers ticket on collection at all fully installed Northern TVMs - this has been the case for a while. It seems to take quite a few months for them to appear in the list on all of the other ticket selling sites - not sure if this is down to Northern being slow to inform the ticket booking engine providers or the ticket booking engine providers being slow to update.

Strange, I'm also certain that these Northern stations appeared on RedSpottedHankey and East Coast. Obviously, I haven't checked ALL Northern stations.

pemma

Veteran Member
Strange, I'm also certain that these Northern stations appeared on RedSpottedHankey and East Coast. Obviously, I haven't checked ALL Northern stations.

Trying finding 'Greenbank' on RSH - there's been a TVM there for a few months now.

Maybe different users of the ATOS booking engine run updates at different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.