• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Statesman 16th July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
I would think about it as it stops at Farnborough but I am fixing trackwork down the East Kent Railway.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I will let you know when the tickets arrive

Julian G

Established Member
thanks, great a long wait for both GBRF 66 and Tangmere :cry: and 73 :x :x
i could go to Willesden junction, then,,,,

Derek Kaye

Does anybody know where and when it passes through certain points?

I will be travelling on Saturday on the route Whitehaven>Carlisle>BNS>Reading>Basingstoke, so I may pass it, but I would lilke to know when/where to look out for it.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not sure how it works out at 193miles.

It is good value for a steam train actually. Although I'm not totally convinced by their "best value" claim, as the Jacobite on the West Highland Line may not be loads of miles but for less money you get scenery that is infinitely better. ;)

TheSlash

Established Member
yorkie said:
I'm not sure how it works out at 193miles.

It is good value for a steam train actually. Although I'm not totally convinced by their "best value" claim, as the Jacobite on the West Highland Line may not be loads of miles but for less money you get scenery that is infinitely better. ;)
KX to Darlington return, all behind 60009 Union of South Africa, including free access to the works at Darlington where they are building that new steam engine

Ben

TheSlash said:
where they are building that new steam engine

a neighbour was involved with that apparantly the projects falling to pieces :roll:

Derek Kaye

We had the people building that visit school once to give a lecture.. about 6 months ago

it was the A1 Peppercorn or something like that I think.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
I'm just sad they arnt building 60157 'Great Central', built October 1949 and scrapped May 1965.

Still, 60163 is a new build and not a replica of any other Loco built, which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.