• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Sussex Slammer - 19/11/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

Here are my photos from the Sussex Slammer tour. Sadly, my camera decided it was tired and went to sleep after Little Hampton (It needed a re-charge basically) :roll: :(

Here are a few of my fav's :)

There aren't as many as I hoped to get, but enjoy :)

http://davidsphotos.fpic.co.uk/

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprog

Established Member
David (londontube) said:

Im luvvin that one!! 8)

Shame bout the cam though. I always carry 1/2 spare sets of batts just in case.

Had a few 'near misses' with the finepix, where ive been all already to take sum shots and the camera decides to die on me. Doest give you alot of warning really, other than a redlight and a large redbattery symbol - SECONDS before it shuts off..grr! <( :roll:

Dave A

Thanks. :D

Its the first time I've used that camera for a meet, and for that length of time, so I didn't know what to expect. I will be investing in another battery, tripod and more memory in time, but I think the problem was that I left it on standby after charging it, insted of turning it off, so for 6 hours it was still losing power?!

The biggest loss was the very long photting stop at New-haven marine. If I'd read the timings in the morning, I would of turned my camera off just for that!! Ah well, maybe another time :) .

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yep, I've had the problem of going mad taking photos early on and running out of power later!

I highly recommend getting another battery, it's simple to change them on a FinePix. What model is yours?

As for the camera turning itself off, you can't turn that feature off but you can change the time it takes before it does that, so you can put that to max. Also you can do something like turn the viewfinder on then off again or zoom in/out - anything really - just to keep it 'active' so it doesn't turn itself off.

I managed to take the Edinburgh, Euston and London Bridge shots, plus a few on the slammer before running out of battery, and then using my 2nd battery, which finally ran out at Doncaster. (None of my Donny shots turned out well enough to publish though). They're not cheap, but they're worth it to ensure you don't miss out.

BTW I also like that atmospheric London Bridge shot - very nice!

Dave A

I definately will be buying another battery, especially with the HC coming up next year. :)

As for that "atmospheric London Bridge shot", I couldn't believe how well that came out!! I'm using it as a wallpaper I like it so much <D :P I didn't plan that, I just literally turned around as we were walking up the stairs and took it!! This new camera was a great investment, me thinks ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.