• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Sussex Slammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

Some great photos there and easily the best meet I've been on. Anyone who didn't go, you missed a great day!! :D

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
David (londontube) said:
Some great photos there and easily the best meet I've been on. Anyone who didn't go, you missed a great day!! :D
I thought the Flush D'Or was a better trip (more routes covered, a faster run, etc), but then bizarrely not many people turned up for that so it wasn't as good as the Sussex Slammer in that respect.

Coxster

Established Member
Dennis said:
Good day out - will crack open a bottle of Southern Slammer ale later!
You have to have the odd-numbered one first before you drink the consecutive ones :lol:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
did you walk to Harbour to take this shot? http://dennis-lance.fotopic.net/p22991367.html how long... err, I mean, short, was the walk? :lol:

Nice to see a wide variety of good pics, you'd think that we'd all end up with pretty much the same photos on these meets but on the contrary there is always a good, interesting variety between us! :)

Dennis

Established Member
Yes - I did walk to Harbour, took bl**dy minutes, I was well knackered :!:
Both Newhaven Marine & Harbour are now officially bashed (as I have had a smoke on them!!!).

From the pics I have seen, looks like a few others made the same trip.

Regarding variety of photos, this was good (as was last weeks London meet) - perhaps were all getting bored of front 3/4 shots showing trains only, I think this is a sign of progresssion in our photography skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.