The Transport Game (UK)

Discussion in 'Quizzes & Games' started by Class172, 9 Apr 2014.

1. Xenophon PCDGS

Xenophon PCDGS Veteran Member

Just outside the TfGM empire border region.
    Since the rules of this newly relaunched quiz clearly state a minimum five minute connection time, therefore I cannot use that service. I had already noted this particular service when I was scouring the area timetables.

We now have no-one to call upon, as we had on the original quiz, so I think it has been left to the quiz community to resolve matters as best as we can.

Sorry, I cannot be of any more assistance, as it was my own posting that was the last one made, that was an attempt to resolve matters.

2. dzug2

dzug2 Member

OK

From Crackenthorpe we continue on the next 563 bus at 1952 for the short ride to Kirkby Thore, Bridge End Inn, arriving at 1958 Saturday evening

3. Xenophon PCDGS

We are indeed fortunate to find there is still a Friday and Saturday only service running before the end of the day....there being no intermediate services....so we next board the 2310 Grand Prix service 563 to Brough (Clock) that arrives there at 2340 on Saturday evening.

4. transportphoto

transportphoto Established Member Quizmaster

It is all down to you to apply a touch of common sense and apply the rules flexibly in situations such as these, obviously if there isn't another way out, other than waiting over two hours, we're going to have to wait the extended time; if there is an advertised connection two minutes after arrival, you may take it. Alternatively if you don't want to because it's a bit too tight, don't.

I'm quite happy with how you've dealt with the situation that has arisen and as long as it is resolved and gameplay isn't disrupted, I'm not going to complain.

TP

Last edited: 17 Apr 2014
  5. dzug2

dzug2 Member

We spend the night in Brough, and walk out to the bypass next day for the 1150 Classic Coaches service 352 departure to Blackpool, getting off at Poulton Hardhorn Crossroads at 1412 Sunday afternoon

Rider - this is I think a booking only service, but given the length of the layover it could be done online. If that's unacceptable I'll delete the move and go with Plan B

6. Xenophon PCDGS

As we had booked journeys in both the inward and the return directions, in order to have a really good Sunday day-out, we pass away a happy hour in Poulton before returning to the area from whence we arrived and board the 1517 Classic Coaches service 352 to Chester-le-Street (Market Place) that arrives there at 1924 on Sunday evening.

7. dzug2

dzug2 Member

We make our way to the Black Horse and take GO NE's 21 service at 1955 to Angel of the North, arriving at 2011 Sunday evening

8. DanTrainMan185

DanTrainMan185 Established Member

We then board the 2041 Go North-East service 21 to Newcastle (Eldon Square), arriving there at 2105 on Sunday evening.

9. dzug2

dzug2 Member

We make our way to the station and take the last East Coast service at 2145, and bail out at Northallerton at 2229 Sinday evening

I think I'll leave the typo....

10. Xenophon PCDGS

Sorry to have been away for a while, but my good lady wife took me for a celebratory lunch meal to celebrate my 3rd anniversary of RailUK forum membership.....:D

We next board the 2236 First TPE service to Manchester Airport that arrives there at 0030 on Monday morning.

11. gnolife

gnolife Established Member

We join the 00:36 Stagecoach Manchester route 43 to West Didsbury, Palatine Road/Barlow Moor Road, arriving at 01:00 on Monday morning

12. Xenophon PCDGS

We then cross the road and board the 0134 Stagecoach Manchester service 43 to Wythenshawe bus station that arrives there at 0147 on Monday morning.

13. gnolife

gnolife Established Member

Having just watched the Manchester bound 43 turning the corner off Rowlandsway, we are forced to sit around waiting for the next bus, with is the 02:16 Stagecoach Manchester route 43 to Chorlton-upon-Medlock, Oxford Road/All Saints, arriving 02:46 on Monday Morning.

14. Xenophon PCDGS

We are indeed fortunate that an all-night service to the airport runs, so crossing over the road to the other side, we than board the 0313 Stagecoach Manchester service 43 to Manchester Airport interchange that arrives there at 0355 on Monday morning.

15. fishquinn

fishquinn Established Member Quizmaster

We then board the 04:13 FTPE service to Malton getting there at 07:03.
    Change here for the North Yorkshire Moors Railway :)

16. Xenophon PCDGS

....that service arrives on Monday morning.

Please ensure that your posting ends with the concurrently running quiz day, always.

17. fishquinn

Sorry :oops:

18. Xenophon PCDGS

We then take the short walk to the bus station and board the 0710 Stephensons service 194 to Hovingham (Worsley Arms) that arrives there at 0732 on Monday morning.

19. dzug2

dzug2 Member

We hope that the Worsley Arms will serve us a full Yorkshire breakfast, then continue on Stephenson's 195 service at 0935 to Helmsley Market Place, arriving at 1015 on Monday morning

20. Xenophon PCDGS

Walking round the corner to The Square, we next board the 1040 Scarborough and District service 128 to Hutton Buscel (bus shelter) that arrives there at 1155 on Monday morning.

21. Bodie

Bodie Member

First may I say how delighted I am that the transport game has been revived. :D

Now on with the game...

We have just over an hour to savour the delights of this North Yorkshire village before we continue on East.

At 1305 we board Scarborough and District Moter Services number 128 to Scarborough, Railway Station stop U arriving at 1326 on Monday afternoon

22. fishquinn

We pop down to the sea for lunch before catching the 14:54 service from Scarborough to Hull.

23. Xenophon PCDGS

Who has still to learn that on this quiz, you have to name the TOC who operates the train service, the time of arrival and to remember the golden rule that states that to ALWAYS end your posting with the concurrently running "quiz day"...<(<(

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

The TOC is Northern Rail

The time of arrival is 1624

It is Monday afternoon
    I am very pleased to see the return of yet another one of the former "regulars" to this relaunched quiz
    *****************************************************************************************************

We next board the 1640 First TPE service to Stalybridge that arrives there at 1818 on Monday afternoon

Last edited: 18 Apr 2014
  24. fishquinn

We then take the 21:55 FTPE service to Newcastle getting to Newcastle at 00:50 on Tuesday Morning.

25. Xenophon PCDGS

Are there not train services leaving Stalybridge between 1818 and 2155 to consider.

That time period is way outside the two-hour period referred to in the rules.

26. fishquinn

Fine.
    Instead we board the 18:31 Northern Rail service to Manchester Victoria getting there at 18:48 on Monday Evening.

27. Xenophon PCDGS

This gives us the opportunity to travel on a stopping services that crosses the Pennines, so we next board the 1900 Northern Rail service to Batley that arrives there ay 2015 on Monday evening.

28. DanTrainMan185

We then board 2J58, the 2049 Northern service to Leeds, arriving there at 2106 on Monday evening.

29. fishquinn

We then board the 22:42 FTPE service from Leeds to Newcastle arriving at 00:50 on Tuesday Morning.

30. DanTrainMan185

At that rather unearthly hour of the morning, we unfortunately find no more onward connections, so we must wait for the 0541 Stagecoach Newcastle service 22 to Wallsend (Metro Station), arriving there at 0600 on Tuesday morning.