• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DanTrain

Walking to Penzance Green, we them board the 23:33 First Kernow service A17 to Lower Boscaswell, arriving at 00:17 Wednesday morning.

InterCity:125

We walk to boscastle estate and board the 6:56 first kernow Atlantic coaster a17 Service to Penzance, market Jew street arriving at 7:29 Wednesday.

DanTrain

Walking 0.5 miles to the ferry terminal, we then make the recommended 1 hour check in and board the 09:15 Isles of Scilly Travel ferry service to St Mary’s Harbour, arriving at 12:00 Wednesday afternoon.

I’m struggling to find an exact arrival time (the original one was wrong) and this is an approximation.

Last edited:

Walking 0.5 miles to the ferry terminal, we then make the recommended 1 hour check in and board the 09:15 Isles of Scilly Travel ferry service to St Mary’s Harbour, arriving at 11:30 Wednesday afternoon.

I’m struggling to find an exact arrival time (the original one was wrong) and this is an approximation.
The website lists the arrival as 12:30

We board the 14:30 ish fresco boat service to tresco, (carn near road) arriving at 14:40 ish on Wednesday.

Edit: I can’t find presice times so I’ve made an estimate.

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
We board the 14:30 ish fresco boat service to tresco, (carn near road) arriving at 14:40 ish

Please add the "quiz day of the week" at the end of your posting. The previous posting to which you responded stated "Wednesday".

You may be interested to know that I telephoned Tresco Boat Services about times of sailings and they will only give out that information the day prior to sailing.

Last edited:

DanTrain

We board the 14:30 ish fresco boat service to tresco, (carn near road) arriving at 14:40 ish on Wednesday.

Do the boats run at low tide or high tide?

We seem to have entered the realm of complete guesswork - I reckon we might want to head back to Penzance as soon as possible!

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
We can proceed with a reasonable approximate arrival time, or we can ignore the move and do something else.

I'll leave that to a consensus decision.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Tresco Boat services appear to operate roughly daily a 4 o'clock sailing back to St Mary's Harbour, which should just connect in time for the 16.30 Isles of Scilly ferry back to Penzance for an arrival at 1915?

Could someone double check because this has given me a massive headache! :lol:

DanTrain

Tresco Boat services appear to operate roughly daily a 4 o'clock sailing back to St Mary's Harbour, which should just connect in time for the 16.30 Isles of Scilly ferry back to Penzance for an arrival at 1915?

Could someone double check because this has given me a massive headache! :lol:
This Facebook post suggests a 15:00 return last Wednesday. Either way, we should be back for the ferry to Penzance. Certainly the first time I’ve used Facebook to make a move!

https://m.facebook.com/TrescoBoatServices/posts/2076726212590905

Here, we board the 15:00 Tresco Boat service to St Mary’s Harbour, arriving at 15:10 ish Wednesday afternoon.

I’m happy to edit these timings if someone finds out otherwise :)

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Jolly good! Same here re Facebook!

We then board the 1630 Isles of Scilly ferry service to Penzance Terminal, arriving there at 1915 on Wednesday evening.

DanTrain

Walking 0.5 miles (12 mins) to the station, we then board the 20:18 GWR service 2P96 to Lostwithiel, arriving at 21:31 Wednesday evening.

Let’s not head back to the Scillies in a rush!