• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

A Challenge

Established Member
We then get the 12:01 Northern service 1F05 to Euxton Balshaw Lane, arriving at 12:38 Friday afternoon.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DanTrain

Waiting overnight, taking the time to transfer to the adjacent bus station, we then board the 06:02 Stagecoach North Scotland service 37 to Kintore, The Square arriving at 06:51 Saturday morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We take the four minute walk to the railway station, where we board the 0817 Abellio ScotRail service 2A54 to Aberdeen, arriving there at 0840 on Saturday morning.

Esker-pades

Established Member
Despite what was said earlier in the thread about a quick return to a settlement recently departed from, I note that it has not taken so very long to return back to Aberdeen (via Kintore and Inverurie)
I found that weird as well. I'll continue for now as it isn't such a massive distance.

We take the four minute walk to the railway station, where we board the 0817 Abellio ScotRail service 2A54 to Aberdeen, arriving there at 0840 on Saturday morning.
We walk the short distance to the Union Square Bus Station where we board the 09:05 Stagecoach North Scotland route 35 to Oldmeldrum, The Square, arriving there at 09:58 on a Saturday.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Assuming it is ‘Bogbeth Road’ we are at, we will then take the 1209 Stagecoach North Scotland Service 421 to Inverurie, Market Place arriving at 1224 on Saturday.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Despite what was said earlier in the thread about a quick return to a settlement recently departed from, I note that it has not taken so very long to return back to Aberdeen (via Kintore and Inverurie)

Via more than one settlement I personally don't see is an issue as such, especially in the highlands of Scotland .

We next board the 1240 Stagecoach North Scotland service 41 to Pitcaple (Home Farm on the A96) that arrives there at 1252 on Saturday afternoon.

We then board the 1329 Stagecoach North Scotland service 10 to Huntly (The Square), arriving there at 1402 on Saturday afternoon.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Via more than one settlement I personally don't see is an issue as such, especially in the highlands of Scotland

It was those quick return journeys to Aberdeen that seemed to be somewhat of a bone of contention prior to the example that I made reference to.

Incidentally, the most recent journeys recreate what used to be rail services on the main line of the former Great North of Scotland Railway.

DanTrain

We then board the 16:47 Stagecoach North Scotland service 10 to Nairn St Ninian Road (o/s 11), arriving at 17:34 Saturday afternoon.

DanTrain

We then board the 19:40 Stagecoach North Scotland service 28 to Muir of Ord, opp Square, arriving at 20:17 Saturday evening.

DanTrain

Not much happening with transport here, so we walk to the station and board the 20:37 ScotRail service to Beauly, arriving there at 22:42 on a Saturday.
Assuming we actually arrive at 20:42, we then board the 21:22 ScotRail service 2H77 to Invergordon, arriving at 21:58 Saturday evening.

DanTrain

Having just missed the last bus of the day, we then have a protracted overnight rest (Sunday in Scotland!), before boarding the 09:05 Stagecoach North Scotland service 25X to Ardullie Roundabout, arriving at 09:17 Sunday morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We then board the 1147 Stagecoach North Scotland service 25X to Inverness (Bus Station), arriving there at 1208 on Sunday afternoon.