• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

ValleyLines142

Established Member
From Eldon Square directly opposite we then board the 2010 Stagecoach North East service X78 to Darras Hall (Middle Drive/Sycamore Avenue), arriving there at 2037 on Monday evening.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andy Pacer

Established Member
There appears to be the potential that we are stuck for the night, so on this assumption our next move will be the 0650 Stagecoach North East service X77 to Prestwick, Prestwick Road End arriving there at 0700 on Tuesday morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Sorry, Google Maps was not recognising the bus stops by here at all, hence the delay.

I think I've calculated it right, so we walk around the corner to the bus stop by Prestwick Cemetery, where we board the 0707 Go North East 'Indigo' service 42A to Killingworth (Bus Station), arriving there at 0745 on Tuesday morning.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Which stop on North Walbottle Road? There are five altogether.

Indeed so, but I assumed that the time of arrival would have been sufficient, but as this is not the case as I suppose that there may be differing onward connections from all these five stops on North Walbotttle Road, I will strike-through my last posting and let the posting that stated Killingworth bus station be that from which the quiz should be continued.

Last edited by a moderator:

Esker-pades

Established Member
Sorry, Google Maps was not recognising the bus stops by here at all, hence the delay.

I think I've calculated it right, so we walk around the corner to the bus stop by Prestwick Cemetery, where we board the 0707 Go North East 'Indigo' service 42A to Killingworth (Bus Station), arriving there at 0745 on Tuesday morning.
We then board the 07:24 Stagecoach North East route 62 service to North Walbottle, North Walbottle Road/Northumberland Gardens, arriving there at 08:53 on a Tuesday.

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
We then board the 07:24 Stagecoach North East route 62 service to North Walbottle, North Walbottle Road/Northumberland Gardens, arriving there at 08:53 on a Tuesday.

It appears that I am not alone in not being infallible, as you cannot take an 0724 departure from a previous stop where the previous bus service did not even arrive there until 0745, some 23 minutes of a time difference.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
This is the posting from where the quiz should be continued.

Instead of just cancelling the move altogether just select a stop along that road :) Northumberland Gardens does appear to be the terminal stop on the 62, which is on North Walbottle Road. It's just that in some cases buses stop at two stops within a minute.

Is Northumberland Gardens where we can continue? The 0754 arriving at 0922?

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Is Northumberland Gardens where we can continue? The 0754 arriving at 0922?

That seems to show the same departure and arrival times as my original posting, which I then struck-through as it appears that even though I used those self-same times, it appeared that that posting was then made subject of a query. Another forum member then made a posting after that, which was always made subject of a query, which too was then struck out.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Why have we still come to a halt? We have now worked things out.

0754 Stagecoach 62 to North Walbottle (Northumberland Gardens/North Walbottle Road) arriving at 0922 on Tuesday.

You cannot make that posting, as you made the posting immediately before it (0707 Go North East "Indigo" service 42A to Killingworth (Bus Station) arriving at 0745 on Tuesday) and you are not allowed to make consecutive postings

It needs another quiz contributor to make a follow-on posting to your Killingworth posting in order for the quiz to continue.

Andy Pacer

Established Member

In an act of desperation to move on, we take the 0755 Arriva North East service 52 to HMRC Benton Park View (Longbenton) arriving there at 0809 on Tuesday morning.

Last edited:

DanTrain

In an act of desperation to move on, we take the 0755 Arriva North East service 52 to HMRC Benton Park View (Longbenton) arriving there at 0809 on Tuesday morning.
Trying desperately to get this game going again, we take a 0.5 mile walk to Benton Road/Manor Place, where we board the 08:21 Stagecoach North East service 7 to West Denton/ Lemington Road Ends, arriving at 09:31 Tuesday morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
To conclude on recent matters, all of the delays above could have been avoided if we had continued playing. Originally, there was a grey cloud over the area, as there were five stops on North Walbottle Road and it wasn't clear as to which one we were at. After having to do some thorough research as a result, I then found the correct stop along that road (which is very long). In future, if an error is made, I think it would be best to not just strike-through a posting and just allow someone else to pick up the pieces, as that does hold the game up. Instead, correct your move so that there are no delays for next time. Just because you've made an error doesn't mean it's a punishment and you're not allowed to continue! :lol:

Moving swiftly onwards, we then board the 1002 Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire 'Cross Pennine' service 685 to Carlisle (Bus Station), arriving there at 1205 on Tuesday afternoon.

Can someone verify if there is joint operation on this route between Stagecoach and Go North East?

Esker-pades

Established Member
To conclude on recent matters, all of the delays above could have been avoided if we had continued playing. Originally, there was a grey cloud over the area, as there were five stops on North Walbottle Road and it wasn't clear as to which one we were at. After having to do some thorough research as a result, I then found the correct stop along that road (which is very long). In future, if an error is made, I think it would be best to not just strike-through a posting and just allow someone else to pick up the pieces, as that does hold the game up. Instead, correct your move so that there are no delays for next time. Just because you've made an error doesn't mean it's a punishment and you're not allowed to continue! :lol:

Moving swiftly onwards, we then board the 1002 Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire 'Cross Pennine' service 685 to Carlisle (Bus Station), arriving there at 1205 on Tuesday afternoon.

Can someone verify if there is joint operation on this route between Stagecoach and Go North East?

Yes, sorry about that. Originally I was picking a specific stop on the bus timetable and posting it. Because I was travelling I was on my phone and therefore not properly checking stuff, hence my error. If I had been on my computer, I would have been able to make a proper move.

I don't think the 685 is a joint operation. It also appears in Arriva timetables, but they don't operate it. A search on Go North East's website for route 685 doesn't give any results.

DanTrain

I wouldn't worry too much, there's quite a bit of joint operation around, I tend to just plump for one where it's not obvious, no-one's noticed yet!

Walking the 0.2 miles to The Courts, we then board the 12:55 Borders Buses service X95 to Hawick, Mart Street, arriving at 14:20 Tuesday afternoon.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Yes, sorry about that. Originally I was picking a specific stop on the bus timetable and posting it. Because I was travelling I was on my phone and therefore not properly checking stuff, hence my error. If I had been on my computer, I would have been able to make a proper move.

I don't think the 685 is a joint operation. It also appears in Arriva timetables, but they don't operate it. A search on Go North East's website for route 685 doesn't give any results.

Not to worry!

Thanks for info re 685 also.

Walking the 0.2 miles to The Courts, we then board the 12:55 Borders Buses service X95 to Hawick, Mart Street, arriving at 14:20 Tuesday afternoon.

We then board the 1452 Borders Buses service X95 to Edinburgh (Old Town/South Bridge), arriving there at 1649 on Tuesday afternoon.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
We take the 6 minute, 0.3 mile walk to New Swanston, Oxgangs Road and join the 1907 Lothian Buses service 400 to Wester Hailes, Parkhead Crescent arriving there at 1926 on Tuesday.