• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A Challenge

Established Member
We then get the next service, which is the 05:25 Northern service 2H00 to Woodsmoor, arriving at 07:06 Monday morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Shall we just carry on? Let’s all be reasonable…

We were in the first place; I was only querying how far away a certain stop was.

Well to be fair it was very unclear - I was going from a bus stop marked ‘High Street’ but said bus stop was nowhere near Watford High Street Station. The problem is ‘High Street’ is a linear road and not all the stops are in the same place it seems.

In all honesty, having been to Watford myself, I was under the impression that they were all in the same vicinity along the high street.

Leaving the railway station, we take the seven minute walk to Buxton Road and there board the 0725 Stagecoach Manchester service 191 to Stockport (Wellington Road South/Exchange Street) that arrives there at 0731 on Monday morning.

We walk into the bus station opposite and board the 0747 Stagecoach Manchester service 23 to Chorlton (Bus Station)*, arriving there at 0819 on Monday morning.

* this is the bus station on Barlow Moor Road, on the corner of St Anne's Road, not the Southern Cemetery bus station.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We then board the 0924 Stagecoach Manchester service 197 to Longsight (Health Centre), arriving there at 0944 on Monday morning.

DanTrain

In all honesty, having been to Watford myself, I was under the impression that they were all in the same vicinity along the high street.
Having looked at Google again I've just found stops E and F, which are a little way further down than stop B that I was measuring from. I don't think it's worth getting pedantic over different stops in a group otherwise it becomes very hard to play (I still can't find stops A, C and D!) :)

From Longsight we board the 10:15 Stagecoach Manchester service 150 to Denton Station, arriving at 10:41 Monday morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Having looked at Google again I've just found stops E and F, which are a little way further down than stop B that I was measuring from. I don't think it's worth getting pedantic over different stops in a group otherwise it becomes very hard to play (I still can't find stops A, C and D!) :)

As I've already stated, I wasn't being pedantic. I was merely questioning how far away the particular stop was.

We now board the 12:05 Stotts Tours service 341 to Broadbottom, nr Gorsey Brow, arriving at 12:26 Monday afternoon.

From the Mill Brow bus stop on the opposite side of the road, we then board the 1315 Stotts Tours service 341 to Hattersley (Melandra Crescent), arriving there at 1325 on Monday afternoon.

DanTrain

Here we take a brief walk around this lovely village before boarding the 16:25 High Peak service 61 to Fernilee, opp Shady Oak, arriving at 17:01 Monday afternoon.

DanTrain

From the nearby station we now board the 18:37 Northern service 2G90 to Manchester Piccadilly, arriving at 19:23 Monday evening.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
The only bus that serves the station finishes at 6pm and we are just too far away (12 mins/0.6 miles) to walk to the town centre to get other buses that are still running, so instead we board the 2029 Northern service 2O76 to Edge Hill, arriving there at 2055 on Monday evening.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Sadly, that is it for the night now, so in the morning we take the short walk to the bus stop at the end of Lawton Road where we board the 0422 HTL Buses service 3A to Liverpool (John Lennon Airport), arriving there at 0524 on Tuesday morning.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
From Dunlop Road we catch the 0534 Arriva Merseyside service 500 to Liverpool South Parkway arriving at 0544 on Tuesday morning.

Last edited:

Andy Pacer

Established Member
We take the 11 minute 0.5 mile walk to South Parkway Station and board the 0715 London North Western Railway service to Berkswell arriving there at 0911 on Tuesday morning.