• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Well there is a 1510 service 564 departure from Kirkby Stephen to Sedbergh and Kendal - the connection is only 2 minutes but it's advertised as such in the timetable so is presumably valid

http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/elibrary/Content/Internet/544/931/6586/6591/4171910652.pdf

So do you HAVE to take the short connection or wait as long as it takes for the next departure?

Or put it another way, do you want to revise your move or let it stand?

Since the rules of this newly relaunched quiz clearly state a minimum five minute connection time, therefore I cannot use that service. I had already noted this particular service when I was scouring the area timetables.

We now have no-one to call upon, as we had on the original quiz, so I think it has been left to the quiz community to resolve matters as best as we can.

Sorry, I cannot be of any more assistance, as it was my own posting that was the last one made, that was an attempt to resolve matters.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dzug2

OK

From Crackenthorpe we continue on the next 563 bus at 1952 for the short ride to Kirkby Thore, Bridge End Inn, arriving at 1958 Saturday evening

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
We are indeed fortunate to find there is still a Friday and Saturday only service running before the end of the day....there being no intermediate services....so we next board the 2310 Grand Prix service 563 to Brough (Clock) that arrives there at 2340 on Saturday evening.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
It is all down to you to apply a touch of common sense and apply the rules flexibly in situations such as these, obviously if there isn't another way out, other than waiting over two hours, we're going to have to wait the extended time; if there is an advertised connection two minutes after arrival, you may take it. Alternatively if you don't want to because it's a bit too tight, don't.

I'm quite happy with how you've dealt with the situation that has arisen and as long as it is resolved and gameplay isn't disrupted, I'm not going to complain.

TP

Last edited:

dzug2

We spend the night in Brough, and walk out to the bypass next day for the 1150 Classic Coaches service 352 departure to Blackpool, getting off at Poulton Hardhorn Crossroads at 1412 Sunday afternoon

Rider - this is I think a booking only service, but given the length of the layover it could be done online. If that's unacceptable I'll delete the move and go with Plan B

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
As we had booked journeys in both the inward and the return directions, in order to have a really good Sunday day-out, we pass away a happy hour in Poulton before returning to the area from whence we arrived and board the 1517 Classic Coaches service 352 to Chester-le-Street (Market Place) that arrives there at 1924 on Sunday evening.

dzug2

We make our way to the Black Horse and take GO NE's 21 service at 1955 to Angel of the North, arriving at 2011 Sunday evening

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We then board the 2041 Go North-East service 21 to Newcastle (Eldon Square), arriving there at 2105 on Sunday evening.

dzug2

We make our way to the station and take the last East Coast service at 2145, and bail out at Northallerton at 2229 Sinday evening

I think I'll leave the typo....

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Sorry to have been away for a while, but my good lady wife took me for a celebratory lunch meal to celebrate my 3rd anniversary of RailUK forum membership.....:D

We next board the 2236 First TPE service to Manchester Airport that arrives there at 0030 on Monday morning.

gnolife

Established Member
We join the 00:36 Stagecoach Manchester route 43 to West Didsbury, Palatine Road/Barlow Moor Road, arriving at 01:00 on Monday morning

gnolife

Established Member
Having just watched the Manchester bound 43 turning the corner off Rowlandsway, we are forced to sit around waiting for the next bus, with is the 02:16 Stagecoach Manchester route 43 to Chorlton-upon-Medlock, Oxford Road/All Saints, arriving 02:46 on Monday Morning.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
We are indeed fortunate that an all-night service to the airport runs, so crossing over the road to the other side, we than board the 0313 Stagecoach Manchester service 43 to Manchester Airport interchange that arrives there at 0355 on Monday morning.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
We then board the 04:13 FTPE service to Malton getting there at 07:03.
Change here for the North Yorkshire Moors Railway :)

dzug2

We hope that the Worsley Arms will serve us a full Yorkshire breakfast, then continue on Stephenson's 195 service at 0935 to Helmsley Market Place, arriving at 1015 on Monday morning

Bodie

First may I say how delighted I am that the transport game has been revived. :D

Now on with the game...

We have just over an hour to savour the delights of this North Yorkshire village before we continue on East.

At 1305 we board Scarborough and District Moter Services number 128 to Scarborough, Railway Station stop U arriving at 1326 on Monday afternoon

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
We pop down to the sea for lunch before catching the 14:54 service from Scarborough to Hull.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
We pop down to the sea for lunch before catching the 14:54 service from Scarborough to Hull.

Who has still to learn that on this quiz, you have to name the TOC who operates the train service, the time of arrival and to remember the golden rule that states that to ALWAYS end your posting with the concurrently running "quiz day"...<(<(

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

The TOC is Northern Rail

The time of arrival is 1624

It is Monday afternoon
First may I say how delighted I am that the transport game has been revived. :D

I am very pleased to see the return of yet another one of the former "regulars" to this relaunched quiz
*****************************************************************************************************

We next board the 1640 First TPE service to Stalybridge that arrives there at 1818 on Monday afternoon

Last edited:

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
We then take the 21:55 FTPE service to Newcastle getting to Newcastle at 00:50 on Tuesday Morning.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Are there not train services leaving Stalybridge between 1818 and 2155 to consider.

That time period is way outside the two-hour period referred to in the rules.

Fine.
Instead we board the 18:31 Northern Rail service to Manchester Victoria getting there at 18:48 on Monday Evening.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
We then board the 22:42 FTPE service from Leeds to Newcastle arriving at 00:50 on Tuesday Morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
At that rather unearthly hour of the morning, we unfortunately find no more onward connections, so we must wait for the 0541 Stagecoach Newcastle service 22 to Wallsend (Metro Station), arriving there at 0600 on Tuesday morning.