• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'The Tube' (TV program)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC 72100

Established Member
Just seen an advert for the new BBC2 series 'The tube'... looks like it will be similar to the sky 3 program of the same name from around 2004 so should be good :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dvboy

Established Member
Just seen an advert for the new BBC2 series 'The tube'... looks like it will be similar to the sky 3 program of the same name from around 2004 so should be good :)

I think it was originally a Carlton/ITV London programme back when ITV had regional variations besides the news, and Sky Travel bought it. Later series may have been co-productions between Sky and whoever made it for ITV if my memory serves me correctly.

SS4

Established Member

Did they say when it would air?

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Sounds like 'The Tube' may be a series, which would be nice, rather than a one-off (as the trailer says 'starts Monday 20th February)

SS4

Established Member
Monday 20th Feb at 9pm

Nice one, just marked my calendar although I'll set it to record nearer the time even if it means playing silly buggers with the pvr. I hope it's going to be on BBC HD

CC 72100

Established Member
I think it was originally a Carlton/ITV London programme back when ITV had regional variations besides the news, and Sky Travel bought it. Later series may have been co-productions between Sky and whoever made it for ITV if my memory serves me correctly.

Yes, that sounds more like it, had a feeling ITV was involved but only ever saw it on Sky 3! Advert just on again, following the hardest place to be a... episode on the train driver in Peru, which has been a good series

Established Member
This new program, 'The Tube', will be 6 episodes I believe. I was in fact interviewed whilst on the last run of LU's 1967 Stock for the program, so looking forward to it starting myself :)

SS4

Established Member
Set to record :D

Also to be aired on BBC HD at the same time
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
*BUMP*

Starting in a few minutes from now

CC 72100

Established Member
Just a heads up, the program 'The Tube' starts tomorrow night at 9 on BBC 2, and it looks to be interesting viewing indeed :)

jon0844

Veteran Member
Certainly seems from the trailers that it will show the Tube in a rather positive light, which makes a change from the usual programmes voiced by Richard Wilson...

Class 33

Established Member
When I first saw this listed in the TV Times, I did wonder if this would be the same programme of the same name produced by Sky and ITV back around 2007. I watched this originally on DVD. It'll be a little dissapointing if these are all the very same episodes. But it appears this should be completely different content. These episodes are 6 x 60 minutes episodes. Whilst the Sky/ITV series of the same name were 21 episodes of about 22 minutes each.

Muzer

Established Member
They're definitely different, because the original wouldn't have been filmed in HD, yet this is on BBC HD which shows only HD content.

jon0844

Veteran Member
The BBC advertised it nicely this morning on its breakfast show. Tonight is all about Friday nights.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Missing it, will watch it all on iPlayer rahter than starting 20mins in :smile:

TP

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I'm intrigued by the tourist who went wrong because he had an old map. Was he trying to get to Aldwych perhaps. Or maybe even Kentish Town South :D

Ascot

Established Member
It's the sleepers on the last service what made me laugh. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yew

Established Member
Hopefully when i get round to watching this, it will be better than 'confessions from the underground'

daniel3982

Very interesting programme & makes me hope even more that I get the job at London Underground that I applied for 10 days ago!

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Very interesting programme. Was surprised not to see any fluffers though. Do they still have those ?

the sniper

Established Member
Enjoyed that! It'll be interesting to see what the viewing figures are like over the course of the series. I hope it's not just enthusiasts watching by the end, as they covered a lot in the first episode and there are still five left! :D

EDIT: And to stay on topic (which I've only just noticed...), much better than the C4 program.

Last edited:

Muzer

Established Member
Very interesting for someone who doesn't really know too much about the workings of the underground besides what I read on Wikipedia ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.