• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Underground Blog Experience (TUBE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

daneth

greenback this was your quote

For what it's worth, I read the first couple of posts and found them childish. Jokes about members/knobs generally indicate the mentality of a 9 year old. I also found them rather strangely obsessed with hair (or the lack of it), and thought they displayed an arrogance and sense of superioirty that I found a bit distasteful.

does that or does that not say obsessed and isnt hair or lack of it implying baldness. In anycase it was just a very funny hair arrangement.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bluenoxid

Established Member
That 18 month break destroys your blog. You need to set yourself out an aim to run something interesting. Like most blogs, it's not really contributing much (just personal pov that aren't that interesting). By all means, continue, but I would dump all the old posts elsewhere, give it three months and come back. Then we'll tell you what we think.

Not in my interest zone, not favourited.

Best piece of advice, stick with the tube passenger abuse and keep it clean. Personal ramblings are boring. standclearyoufuglies.blogspot.com would be a more appropiate name.

daneth

overpriced big time. still monopolies and still run by officious wallies

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Your mention of "winterval" just confirms that you get all your opinions from the right wing press without bothering about such minor matters as "facts".

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
greenback this was your quote

For what it's worth, I read the first couple of posts and found them childish. Jokes about members/knobs generally indicate the mentality of a 9 year old. I also found them rather strangely obsessed with hair (or the lack of it), and thought they displayed an arrogance and sense of superiority that I found a bit distasteful.

does that or does that not say obsessed and isnt hair or lack of it implying baldness. In anycase it was just a very funny hair arrangement.

It does say obsessed, as one recent post in your blog contained this sentence:

A woman with lank , unbrushed grey hair

Could you not have just said woman? I also note you seem delighted that she almost ran away in terror after you approached her.

and then this sentence:

Finally I saw a superb sight. A bloke that was bald until the mid point of his head whereby he had an almost quiff like bush of hair on the back 3rd. Like a Jedward but with a beach of pink shiny flesh leading up to the hair bit.

Not sure what this has to do with railways or the Undrground really. It is, to me, not funny. just offensive and uncalled for.

I think these two examples illustrate why I said I found the blog childish and seemingly obsessed. Maybe I wouldn't find anything else to do with hairstyles, but I didn't want to read any more after the first two posts. You are entitled to your views, as are other people, but you did ask for those views. I assume you were hoping/expecting more positive results?

Why not leave out the personal stuff? If you want to just to just rant about things you don't like, then fine, have a general blog, there are quite a few out there that I've read, some of which I find both funny and thought provoking, even if I may not agree 100%. If you would like to start a sensible discussion about railways here, I will be happy to take part.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
"Winterval", that favourite example of seasonal "PC GONE MAD", was a winter-long festival hat Birmingham held a few years ago. at its core were explicit "Christmas" events, including "Chrismas lights" and "Christmas Carol Services". It was in no-way an attempt to replace the word "Christmas".

If you read the Guardian you'd know this, of course...

Established Member
I still want to know by Daneth why i am a knob? You still haven't answered that one yet

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This thread has gone way off topic and wasn't really much to start with anyway!

It's been posted in the wrong forum anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.