• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Wanderer at Crewe Diesel Depot Open Day "All Change"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thewanderer

Established Member
On Saturday 8th June 2019, Virgin Trains, Locomotive Services and The Railway Magazine held an open day at Crewe Diesel Depot. Despite the weather being utterly miserable, it didn't detour the crowds from flocking to the venue to see an exciting line up of exhibits from across the UK Rail Industry.

With 43 exhibits on view, from steam engines to the latest diesel / electric locomotives (Class 88) there was plenty to see across the complex with several items of rolling stock being open for inspection by the public, including one of the Network Rail Test Trains.

Despite the weather, it was a great day out and my first UK Open Day since Eastleigh in 2009! Let's hope I don't leave it another 10 years before my next one.

Click https://bit.ly/2X0ppiC to view.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
These look some nice photos of some very nice locos! I love the fact that TOCs are involved in these sort of events as it means that we get more traction to see (ignoring the last OOC Open Day where XC didn't give one of their 43s, but hey ho).

-Peter

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
You must have been standing right next to me when you took that picture of 73 951... look at this, and compare with yours! There is one distinctive feature in common to both our pictures - the person doing their shoelace up...

Attachments

• Jun 2019 042.JPG
    Jun 2019 042.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 30

87electric

And it seems I photographed 323227 (16:16 to Liverpool) at the same time as The Wanderer. Different ends, looking toward each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.