• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The western highlander & Jacobite statesman 2 day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzawba92

Hi all, anyone have information on the trains return journey? Just checked RTT & it's saying It's been cancelled at Crianlarich.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Highlandspring

Established Member
This was because of a derailed wagon on a ballast train between Crianlarich and Ardlui this morning. It was only a very minor derailment and the wagon has been rerailed but further work is needed to make the track fit for traffic, so the line isn't open yet. I understand the passengers are going forward on coaches and the stock is returning to Fort William.

thetangoman

This was because of a derailed wagon on a ballast train between Crianlarich and Ardlui this morning. It was only a very minor derailment and the wagon has been rerailed but further work is needed to make the track fit for traffic, so the line isn't open yet. I understand the passengers are going forward on coaches and the stock is returning to Fort William.

Hi I was on the Sprinter service from Oban last night an it hit a tree between Crianlarich and Ardlui. The train staff did manage to get the tree free from the train but I wonder if it damaged the track and caused the derailment

Highlandspring

Established Member
Hi I was on the Sprinter service from Oban last night an it hit a tree between Crianlarich and Ardlui. The train staff did manage to get the tree free from the train but I wonder if it damaged the track and caused the derailment
Nope, nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.